New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

How does your Mac stack up ~ NovaBench Test

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

This will run along the same lines as the other How does your Mac stack up threads.
This one is for NovaBench Test

Quote:
NovaBench lets you test the main components of your Mac quickly.

Testing generally takes only 1-2 minutes, and produces detailed information and an overall system score.Features:
Floating Point Test - Tests CPU's floating point arithmetic speed
Integer Test - Tests CPU's integer arithmetic speed
MD5 Hashing Speed - General CPU test
3D Graphics Test - Tests GPU with a heavily shader dependent 3D scene
RAM Speed - Tests RAM read and write speed
Disk Write Speed - Test write speed of primary or selected storage device
There is a pretty cool 3D image to watch in part of the test . . . .

Let it begin . .

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Not as flash as im using Excel so if Rob or Brian can inform me of there graph making App ill upgrade it lol

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

We need a "how do the benchmark programs stack up against each other" thread...

My 'graphics' skills are incredibly limited - all I did was create an Excel table - and then put it on top of an Omnigraffle object - partly as an experiment since I had just gotten Omnigraffle around the time I started the Geekbench thread. You could get the same or similar net effect using Powerpoint, Visio or Keynote. I just played around with shadowing and gradients until I had something I thought was ok.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Here is a quick test.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2011-06-05 at 6.16.55 AM.jpg (72.0 KB, 26 views)
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
We need a "how do the benchmark programs stack up against each other" thread...

My 'graphics' skills are incredibly limited - all I did was create an Excel table - and then put it on top of an Omnigraffle object - partly as an experiment since I had just gotten Omnigraffle around the time I started the Geekbench thread. You could get the same or similar net effect using Powerpoint, Visio or Keynote. I just played around with shadowing and gradients until I had something I thought was ok.
Thanks mate. Will have a look around. Not a huge excel worker but ill play around and seee what i can come up with

Cheers

QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
Thanks mate. Will have a look around. Not a huge excel worker but ill play around and seee what i can come up with

Cheers
I'll send you my excel file if you give me an e-mail address. I'll send both formats.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

PM Sent ^^^^^^^

QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

Brian, i'd also love a template.

TattoedMac, good find. will upload scores soon. Loving this new "series" of threads we have going

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by robduckyworth View Post

TattoedMac, good find. will upload scores soon. Loving this new "series" of threads we have going
LOL good 'ole Brian with his geekiness

Yea i have had this for quite a while and dont know why i didnt think when the first round of "Stack Ups" came around. Was just cruising through my external with the 298 Apps and it jumped out at me . . . .

QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

Quote:

Happy to send the excel table - nothing special about it really. If you have omnigraffle - I can send both pieces of the puzzle if you like.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

Funnily enough I considered Novabench when I created the original Xbench one. cant remember why I decided against it now, Xbench was probably the worst one to pick.

Ill just take the excel one brian, i have got omnigraffle.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

Sent. For best results find something in your favorite drawing program to put the table on. The table itself is nothing special. Disregard the outermost columns - those are there for some graphs I was experimenting with in Excel.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Funnily enough I considered Novabench when I created the original Xbench one. cant remember why I decided against it now, Xbench was probably the worst one to pick.

Ill just take the excel one brian, i have got omnigraffle.
I think i got it originally bc someone recommended it when i had my WhiteBook to check out the system . . . . All 3 test are here now

Quote:
Sent. For best results find something in your favorite drawing program to put the table on. The table itself is nothing special. Disregard the outermost columns - those are there for some graphs I was experimenting with in Excel.
Very good. Ill let you know when i return home from work how i go as i havnt received anything as yet.
I dl omnigraph TRIAL so will look at that later too.

QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
I think i got it originally bc someone recommended it when i had my WhiteBook to check out the system . . . . All 3 test are here now

Very good. Ill let you know when i return home from work how i go as i havnt received anything as yet.
I dl omnigraph TRIAL so will look at that later too.
Check your spam folder - it probably filed me there. I'll send you the omnigraffle file since you downloaded the trial. Once you get everything the way you like it. Export the object as a picture.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Check your spam folder
Was going to report you Got it and will play tonight
Thanks mate

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« flight sim | Merging email addresses used with iTunes »