New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Beer. Whats your favorite?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Brunhild

Brunhild has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 2.26 8GB RAM 500GBhdd, iPhone 4, and iPad

I like beer a lot especially from the many micro breweries in the US. I also have a beer blog. So just throwing out there, whats your favorite beer? Favorite beer types? I go to World of Beer and am always looking for more to try.

Ive been drinking a lot of IPAs lately, both the Boulder Mojo IPA, and Jai Alai by Cigar City are very good. Stouts and IPAs are pretty much my favorite types.

Any recommendations would be awesome also, Im just curious as to what most of you guys like...

my beer blog, BEERUKEN! www.beeruken.com
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Jamaican Ginger Beer

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

Blueberry Ale by Atlantic Brewing Co, Bar Harbor ME is my favorite. Also really like Saranac's Irish Stout.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

Bluegrass Brewing Company's Bourbon Barrel Stout is a fav. However, I have a lot. Belhaven's Best for session drinking but Belhaven's St. Andrews is my no. 1. I like most beer, and do tastings every week at a local huge liquor store who sports 40 taps and does classes and pairings.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
WigWag Workshop

WigWag Workshop will become famous soon enough

Currently it's Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale. I like the brown ale's best, but I always venture into other styles to try them out. I am lucky to have a store, that carries over 400 different brews from around the world, with new selections every month.
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

Only 400? Check out the bar up the street from me: Sergio's World Beers The place is freaking awesome.

QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Shiner Bock brewed in Texas.
Peroni from Italy.
I've also had some really good beers from a brew pub in Northern Arizona (Flagstaff). Only ate there once but tried their sampler and chose 2 delicious beers from it. Flagstaff Brewing Company

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Hobgoblin, but from the cask, not as strong as the bottled, but smoother by far, and lovely.
I like a lot of beers from small breweries here too, too many to think of at the moment.
Newcastle Brown Ale Always loved it.
Used to love Double Diamond back in the day too.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

gods i miss good cask beer. I drank my fill over my last trip to Scotland. we have one bar here who maintains one cask tap, but they only ever have one kind of beer in it and I miss the variety.

QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to allMcBie is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - OS X 10.10

Living in ' Beer Paradise ' it is a difficult choice ...
It is either West Vleteren or Maredsous, depending on the occasion.

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

I forgot about Chimay Cinq Cent. It has a higher alcohol content. Brewed in Belgium, has a hint of clove. Very smooth and relaxing beer to drink.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBie View Post
Living in ' Beer Paradise ' it is a difficult choice ...
It is either West Vleteren or Maredsous, depending on the occasion.

Cheers ... McBie
color me jealous.

QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

As an Aussie beer gourmet and/or connoisseur, the best commercial US beer is Millers Genuine Draft.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

+1 on Nut Brown Ale.

But my absolute favorite was a batch of Porter I brewed many years ago. I gave some to friends and had numerous requests for a repeat. Next batch was decent but not quite as good.
Haven't done any brewing at all recently, but every now and then I get a prod (like from this post) and think, "Why not?".

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Braven

Braven is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: (27" iMac i5) (2011 15" MacBook Pro)

I guess I don't really have a favorite, but I can't stand IPA's. The hoppy stuff makes me gag.

 iMac 27" 2.7Ghz i5
 MacBook Pro 15" 2Ghz i7
 iPhone 4 16GB
 iPad (White, 32GB, 3rd Gen)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What Apple Corporate Job Do You Want? | For those that like numbers . . The Wikipedia article 'philosophy game' in numbers !! »