New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

anyone see the latest apple retail store robbery?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

a.j.c.

a.j.c. is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: soon to be another iMac owner

pretty quick and prepared..

Quick Thieves Pull Off Apple Robbery in Seconds - WJW
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

I wonder when Apple will realize that all that glass is not the best idea. This is happening all too often these days.

2.4GHz 13" rMBP 256gb | 2.5GHz Mac Mini w/ FusionDrive | Mac Mini Server 2.53GHz | 1.7GHz 11" MacBook Air 64gb | Dual 2.0GHz PowerMac G5 | 24" ACD | 16GB Verizon iPhone 5S | iPad 32GB Verizon LTE | iPad mini 16GB | Gen 7 Nano | TV1 | TV3
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

Gotta look pretty John.
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

How do they not at least have outside surveillance cameras? Usually Apple Stores are in these open mall areas, with other nice stores around. It's absolutely stupid to not have video surveillance in order to get license plate numbers and such...

At this point, I'm even going to say that these stores deserve getting broken in to since it seems that vanity is more important to them than several thousands of dollars, as well as not caring about people purchasing stolen goods And the chance of people being physically hurt.. killed even. Not that I really care about thieves getting "theirs", but there's more to it than that obviously.

Apple is being very irresponsible if you asked me. But whatever, I suppose.

D
QUOTE Thanks
a.j.c.

Twenty something Mac book pro's.. That's a lot of money!

I guess they can have the glass..it does look sleek and upscale..but why not put a sliding gate behind it at night for after hours?

Or something on those lines
QUOTE Thanks
firesidedog

firesidedog is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook pro,2009,Mavericks, 2.66 ghz, 4gb ram, hdd 320gb Ipad2 32gb wifi+3g Ipod touch 3rd. gen.

They should install a roll up door on the exterior for when they are closed. Forget about the people window shopping when they are closed.

A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
Albert Einstein
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

Quote:
They should install a roll up door on the exterior for when they are closed.
Like a liquor store or a pawn shop? Like I said above, Apple stores are the pride of Apple because they look attractive. All the glass and the decor are there for a purpose.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I imagine Apple cares more for the image of its stores than for the merchandise itself since the merchandise is covered by insurance whereas the image has a value that cannot be enumerated.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Like a liquor store or a pawn shop? Like I said above, Apple stores are the pride of Apple because they look attractive. All the glass and the decor are there for a purpose.
why not bullet proof glass?

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Insurance does cover it, but at the end of they day, the costs get passed on to the consumer!

I'd would be really cool if they had one of those drop down doors like banks have, that activated shortly after the thieves broke in to trap them in there..... nothing like seeing dumb and dumber helpless and just waiting to be taken in.
QUOTE Thanks
a.j.c.

lol....you mean trap the robbers inside the store

and sorry guys,i know the video is flash,i thew the link up at work
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

I went there after it happened, not knowing that it happened, and was questioning what had happened. They never said anything about them getting robbed. They all followed me around like I had done something. I was actually refereed to the news link by a friend, and then searched to see if it was posted here.

I have to say, for a robbery to happen in the morning, they sure got their stuff in order quick!

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Pretty cool video - Only 4 seconds of your time required | Stored value debit card for Internet? »