New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

How does your Mac stack up - Geekbench thread.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fluhartz

fluhartz will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2011, i7, 8gigs RAM, OS 10.9.3, iPhone 5s, ATV3

I thought I would give this a try... It's not as great as others, but seems pretty good. I know I love this thing. It's my first Mac and I have had it for around five day.

QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggibar View Post
Sorry, to be honest though, if I was knowledgeable about that, I wouldn't have asked, but would've given it anyways if I knew it could help. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard for the people that already submitted their info to also reply with their number that identifies what specific model/gen release it is. Might be a burden for you though I was asking because I'm looking for a used MacPro(urge), but can't really tell the difference between the different models available for sale, and the test results that I see on here and other lists...that's when it hit me that this info could be useful to know for others too. I'm not looking for the best, but also not the worst. A MacPro with a score around ~10k.
Well - it'd be some legwork for me - which I can't get to for the next couple of weeks - I'm in the process of moving. I'm sure all the info can be extracted using mactracker.
QUOTE Thanks
19birel

19birel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.4Ghz i5 13" MBP antiglare 16gb RAM 500gb HD OSX 10.8.x

Wow, my current MacBook only scores 2550. This however is really encouraging for me as six years after it left the factory it can still barely do what I want/need it to do so the new Pro I'm getting this summer which should be somewhere around the 8.5K range will do everything I need for quite a while

I MISS SNOW LEOPARD ;(
QUOTE Thanks
ShadowDan

ShadowDan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini PowerPC G4 Mac OS X 10.5.8 120 GIG HDD Ethernet

I wouldn't need to a score test to know how my Mac Mini PPC G4 stacks up to your Macs :p It's pretty ancient, runs decent and it gets it's physical usage! I do abuse it (with having loads of apps running at one time, Photoshop, Lightroom, Office 08 and Itunes) It does chug but by today's standards it's a dope compared to what you guys have. But I love it. Until it breaks down from excessive usages - I won't upgrade just yet. :p
QUOTE Thanks
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

I hate this PC. My G5 ate it for breakfast as far as benchmarks go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg geekbench.JPG (90.2 KB, 86 views)

-Evan
QUOTE Thanks
kribensis12

kribensis12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" 2.4 Ghz Duo Core with 8GB of RAM and a 500GB 7200 rpm Hybrid Drive

I received a 3390. I think that's pretty decent, right?
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" i3 500gb HDD 4gb RAM OSX 10.9.2 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDan View Post
I wouldn't need to a score test to know how my Mac Mini PPC G4 stacks up to your Macs :p It's pretty ancient, runs decent and it gets it's physical usage! I do abuse it (with having loads of apps running at one time, Photoshop, Lightroom, Office 08 and Itunes) It does chug but by today's standards it's a dope compared to what you guys have. But I love it. Until it breaks down from excessive usages - I won't upgrade just yet. :p
Can't fault you there, if it ain't broke then don't try to fix it, if what you have does what you want and you're happy with it then there's no point in spending a wad of money upgrading.

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the bottom of the users profile.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
fluhartz

fluhartz will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2011, i7, 8gigs RAM, OS 10.9.3, iPhone 5s, ATV3

I upgraded from 4 to 8 gigs of ram today, the geekbench points went up 184 over all. I am still adjusting to the Mac world, but it feels much quicker. I shouldn't have to update anything on this machine for quite some time now. Maybe an SSD, but I blew my wad purchasing this thing...I am EXTREMELY happy with my first Mac though....

QUOTE Thanks
electricd

electricd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mini 2.4ghz 8 gig ram lion

3480 on a 2010 mac mini, 2.4 ghz, 8 mb ram, lion
QUOTE Thanks
jram

jram is a jewel in the roughjram is a jewel in the rough

In 32 bit mode.
QUOTE Thanks
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

Pretty good. I'm certainly happy with it.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2012-03-24 at 8.26.35 PM.png (185.2 KB, 51 views)

-Evan
QUOTE Thanks
Hwilensky

Hwilensky is on a distinguished road

This is from my mid 2011 iMac.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2012-03-24 at 8.52.26 PM.png (560.7 KB, 51 views)
QUOTE Thanks
PastelPrincess

PastelPrincess is on a distinguished road

Here's my "mac", not that great but it is almost 4 years old.

QUOTE Thanks
Rottie

Rottie will become famous soon enough

Here's what my refurbed iMac i5 2.5GHz (Mid 2011 model) is capable of
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GeekBench-1.jpg (106.4 KB, 38 views)

Mid 2011 i5 2.5 GHz iMac 21.5"
QUOTE Thanks
Hwilensky

Hwilensky is on a distinguished road

Out of curiosity what would an acceptable score be?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Any Formula 1 fans around here? | Funny or Die makes a Steve jobs movie. iSteve is more a parody than anything else. »