New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

What are you currently reading?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mishy

Mishy is on a distinguished road

I didn’t see a post anywhere on the first page for this or when I searched, so I figured I would start a thread of my own!

What book are you currently reading? Or what was the most recent book that you have read? I myself have just started reading a book called Drylor The First Artifact. It is an Action/Fantasy book created by Ryan Tomasella. So far it is actually good, it is a story about a man that suffers amnesia and struggles to regain his memory. As his memory starts to come back to him he realizes that his brother is an evil S.o.b and he makes it his mission to stop him.

It seems like a fairly generic story line but the author makes it his own. There are tons of twists and turns in the story (mainly when the main character thinks he remembers something from his past he realizes that it was only an illusion that his brother wanted him to think was true.) I must say I am really impressed with this book, then again I read almost anything that involved sword and sorcery. Below is the cover of the book and what the back of the book reads.

When a man wakes up inside a cage that is being carried through
an underground city, he has no idea where he is or what has
happened to him. As Von, a victim of amnesia, is taken to a jail
cell to await his fate amongst elves, humans, dwarfs, gnomes, and
halflings, he is told he is a member of the Royal Guard of Genisus.
It is not long before he is transported to the palace where he
meets an impatient king who eventually returns him to his jail
cell while deciding his destiny.

As Von’s memory slowly returns, he discovers that he is the only
one who can protect Drylor—a world that abandoned him—
from its greatest evil, his own brother. Through his journey to the
truth, Von meets an unlikely group of friends who are willing
to sacrifice everything to help him stop his brother Scarlet
from annihilating the only world they have ever known.

As Von’s past becomes clear and reveals his future, he soon
realizes the only way he can end his brother’s heartless
massacres is to find him and kill him.

The book is for sale through all major online retailers, so you can buy a copy from Amazon, Barnes and Nobles or any other book retailers. If you're too lazy to look it up then here is a link to the barnes and nobles website where you can place an order:

Drylor, Ryan Tomasella, (9781450299923). Paperback - Barnes & Noble
QUOTE Thanks
dbruns

dbruns is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15"

I'm currently reading the 4 Hour Work Week
QUOTE Thanks
Mishy

interesting, whats it about?
QUOTE Thanks
dbruns

It's a finance book, teaching people to automate their life and become more like entrepeneurs rather than employees working at dead end jobs. A good read.
QUOTE Thanks
Mishy

Sounds like tons of people could get some useful advice from the book. =D
QUOTE Thanks
dbruns

Yes, no doubt about it. Rich Dad Poor Dad is another good book in that subject matter
QUOTE Thanks
Mishy

They teach you buying and reselling pretty much or other tips like stock trading and what not?

I remember picking up a book like that in the past but it was something stupid like buying and selling lawn chairs and stupid stuff that would rarely ever turn a profit.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Same as when questioned last week - Mac-Forums.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
macmacaman

macmacaman is on a distinguished road

Reading the Reader by Bernhard Schlink. haven´t seen the movie yet, as I want to read the book first. A brilliant book!
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

The Unwilling Warlord, Lawrence Watt Evans

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Well I don't have too much time for personal reading being in grad school so I mostly read boring text book-like things.

Right now however, I have a week in between classes so I'm reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
audiofader

audiofader is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.5GHz i5, 4GB RAM

Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand

Move the crowd,
Audiofader
QUOTE Thanks
Sonicjet

Sonicjet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 13' Macbook Pro i5

Paper towns- John Green
Dftba.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

MacWorld Magazine - the latest issue.
QUOTE Thanks
dero

dero will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iPod Touch 4Gen 32Gb iMac 21'5 , 4GB memory, Core2Duo 3.06 GHz, 1 TB Hard Drive

Foucault's Pendulum, by Umberto Eco.

My happy Macstable
iPod Touch 4th Gen 32Gb
21'5 iMac , 4GB, Core2Duo 3.06 GHz,
1 Terra HDD
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help posting in Buy/Sell/Trade | disco duro con xp en imac g4 »