New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Man eats new hottest chilli in the world (first grown in Australia)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Man eats new hottest chilli in the world

Darwin home to red hot chillies | News | NT News | Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia | ntnews.com.au
The video of him eating it is in the link.

The World's Hottest Chili Requires Protective Gear

Aussies grow world's hottest chilli

New chili pepper crowned world’s hottest | The Upshot Yahoo! News
Another link with a nice video
Quote:
He added that the pepper is so potent, he and his his team have to wear protective gloves when handling the Butch T., lest their hands are left "pumping heat for two days later." Making salsa with the Butch T., he explained, involves wearing chemical masks and body suits to defend against fumes given off in the cooking heat.
That's some insane chilli.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I think my aunt would like this. She eats Habaneros for a snack.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
I think my aunt would like this. She eats Habaneros for a snack.
Yikes!! When I was in college, my girlfriend's father had a little garden with jalapenos and habaneros - he knew I liked spicy foods so he gave me a few of his habaneros. That night - I decided to make myself some chicken fajitas and while I was cooking up the chicken in a pan I diced up the habaneros and tossed them in with the chicken. Well - of course my face and eyes started stinging but that wasn't the bad part. I also had to go to the bathroom - and didn't really consider what was on my hands - well - let's just say I spent the next 15 min upstairs in the shower trying to soothe certain parts don't react well to pepper oils. Another tough life lesson learned.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLachoreVPI View Post
Yikes!! When I was in college, my girlfriend's father had a little garden with jalapenos and habaneros - he knew I liked spicy foods so he gave me a few of his habaneros. That night - I decided to make myself some chicken fajitas and while I was cooking up the chicken in a pan I diced up the habaneros and tossed them in with the chicken. Well - of course my face and eyes started stinging but that wasn't the bad part. I also had to go to the bathroom - and didn't really consider what was on my hands - well - let's just say I spent the next 15 min upstairs in the shower trying to soothe certain parts don't react well to pepper oils. Another tough life lesson learned.
Must have been the most memorable 15 minutes of your life. >_<"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
Must have been the most memorable 15 minutes of your life. >_<"
Hehe - it's definitely 'burned' into my mind
QUOTE Thanks
wavinwayne

wavinwayne has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Late '09 Macbook Pro 13"

That's the funniest thing I've read today. I bet it wasn't too funny at the time, though.

Don't believe anything I tell you, unless it is consistent with what you already know to be true, or unless you have taken the time to research the matter to prove its accuracy to your satisfaction. This is known as "doing your homework."
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

Try living in Mexico the8thark. Learn how to clench the buttocks and knees at the same time!

The by-line 'Connor Byrne tackles etc' really sounds like an April Fool joke!

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Yeah but all the people in Mexico get the good stuff from Nimbin or Griffith. So that dulls the chilli pain when it comes time to excrete them out. We in the north have to do it the man-ly way without the pain relief .
QUOTE Thanks
Derekb41

Derekb41 is on a distinguished road

I couldn't imagine something hotter than a ghost chili.

20" iMac; 15" MBP
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

Lol the8thark meant Mexico as in Mexico City Central America.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

Same thing really. Both south of the border.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Mad buggers eating them like that. My nearly 8yr old boy would give them a good go. I love hot chillies and not shy about it, but Jazz will when we go to the markets always go for the XXXX HOOTT CHILLI and will not budge. It amazes me to this day. He can handle chilli hotter than myself and when the little store owners watch him and say to him no dont thats hot, we end up getting a lot of free stuff just bc they are amazed at the tolerance this 7 yr old has lol

Cracks me up . . . .

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
WigWag Workshop

WigWag Workshop will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekb41 View Post
I couldn't imagine something hotter than a ghost chili.
I am a "chili head" and when I read the article I thought the same thing. I had a dozen of them ghost chili's, and made some home brew hot sauce, 3 drops is all I need for a pot of chili.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

Bhut Jolokia chili pepper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(the ghost chilii)
Quote:
Elsewhere in India, scientists at Manipur University measured Bhut Jolokia's average Scoville rating by HPLC at only 329,100 SHU.
And the Aussie Butch T is 1,463,000 scoville heat units (SHU). So this Aussie chilli is roughly 4.4x hotter then the average ghost chilli.

You can even buy chilli sauce with the Butch T chilli in it.
http://thechillifactory.com/view_product.php?id=34
$15 for 150ml of the sauce which is 58% chilli. They say that's 5 serves of sauce per bottle.

So if you feel a little suicidal this is the chilli sauce for you.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
Bhut Jolokia chili pepper - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(the ghost chilii)

And the Aussie Butch T is 1,463,000 scoville heat units (SHU). So this Aussie chilli is roughly 4.4x hotter then the average ghost chilli.

So if you feel a little suicidal this is the chilli sauce for you.

LOL - doesn't surprise me that the Aussies have hottest - if you're making a list of the top 10 ...ANYTHING... that will put a hurtin' on you - Australia will have at least 8 out of 10 - be it snakes, jellyfish, insects...or peppers.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iOS vs Macs - Branding Problem? | My time to positively rant about my G5's :) »