New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

What is your tech product wish list?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
3. New receiver/amp that sounds incredible but doesn't break the bank. Suggestions appreciated.
How big is the bank?

Yamaha RX V667 would be my choice at around 350, but with the same sound chip as the 2000 flagship. Awesome receiver.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
You don't know how many Macintosh computers I own!

- Nick
Just curious since you no longer have the running total in your sidebar. What is the current count?

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
Just curious since you no longer have the running total in your sidebar. What is the current count?
I'll have to check. I have a rough idea...but I'm not sure of the exact count.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
I'll have to check. I have a rough idea...but I'm not sure of the exact count.

- Nick
Now that is what I call OoC!

Repeat after me, "Hi everyone, my name is Nick and I am a Mac addict . . ."

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
laurakristen12

laurakristen12 is on a distinguished road

- Apple LED Cinema Display (27" flat panel)
- Magic Mouse
- iPhone 4

My 13" Macbook Pro screen is way too small for some of my design work. I'd love a huge glossy Apple monitor. The new Cinema Display is out of my current budget, but I can dream, right? My 3GS has been twitchy lately. Ready to upgrade it! I guess I've completed the transformation from PC person to Mac person in the past few years, huh?
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

iPad 2
Mac Mini (HTPC)
MBP 15" (loaded)
Panasonic 50" v25
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
How big is the bank?

Yamaha RX V667 would be my choice at around 350, but with the same sound chip as the 2000 flagship. Awesome receiver.
Thanks for the tip. Been reading a few of the reviews since I saw your post. Can't beat the price/performance on that one. Looks like it's right up my alley. The cost of an iPod dock is not really an issue since I can play the same songs back from my media Mac. I currently have surround speakers from Yamaha and have liked them.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
Command Alt Ego

Command Alt Ego is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mid-2010 15" MBP; late 2012 11" MBA; iPhone 5

A 320 GB iPod Classic, SSD. It would hold all my music & video, it wouldn't crash if I dropped it, and it would still look like the old-school iPod I like so much.

I know it's a fantasy that won't come true, but I do wish Apple made one.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Actual products, hopefully will have:
iPad2 (next week )
iMac i7 Sandybridge
Apple TV
Wireless keyboard/magic trackpad

Actual products big wishin'
Mac Pro: maxed out, max SSD drives
dual 27" Cinema Displays
13" MBA

Wish list that don't exist:
iPad the same except w/ Retina Display and 1 pound
15" MBP but more like MBA: no optical, SSD, better screen, 2/3 current weight and thickness
iPhone 5 w/ dual core A5, LTE, and 4" screen
Wireless Apple keyboard WITH numberpad!! (Seriously, why not, Apple??)

Non-Apple wishlist:
Better sound system
Awesome HTPC
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon S95

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

2nd generation iPad in white w/ green (or blue) polyurethane Smart Cover

500 GB 2.5" Seagate HDD for MacBook

I'm not really wishing for a whole lot…which is strange because normally my wish list for devices is miles long……

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.0.2
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.0.2
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.5
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB4
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I always have way more than I can afford on my list. The one I just saw this morning in PC Mag is the Maingear F131, sporting a sandy bridge quad core i7 overclocked to 4.8 Ghz. Toss in a couple of AMD HD 6990's. Now that's what I'm talkin' about.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

After reading Bobs wish list he may be the first to need a 20amp socket dedicated just
to run the dream machine after they come out with a 2000watt power supply.
QUOTE Thanks
ZachUSAman

ZachUSAman is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 3.4ghz quad core ati 5850 graphics card 4GB ddr3 ram

1. SSD for my computer, zoom zoom OH GOD SLOW DOWN!!!
2. Dell ultrasharp 27inch monitor, 1.07 billion colors.. 6ms response time, 2560x1440..
3. Transformer tabletis it a laptop or a tablet? its both!
5. AMD bulldozer (dependong on reviews)
6. new motherboard possibly.. depending on bulldozer
7. more to come...
QUOTE Thanks
Quietone

Quietone is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, OSX 10.8.5, 2.5 GHz Intel core i5 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

I want an iPad Air, maybe an iPod, an e-reader, and perhaps another MacBook.

I Love My Mac! I finally got an iPad Air.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.1

I'd like a home CCTV security camera system that has software written for Mac OS X. Every time I see a nice mid-range system I like, it runs on Windows. I don't count camera systems that go to a Cloud that you can "check in on" with an iOS device. I'd like one that has 6-8 outdoor cameras that feed my Mac Mini for management, record to an attached external RAID, and I can display on my attached HDTV.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Buy/Sell/Trade Forum.....why can't I post in it? | Things That Drive Us Mac Forumers Crazy! »