New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Cleanliness PC vc Mac Users.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macguy.nielsen

I must say, that when I was looking through the setups and desks on this forum that I was amazed at the cleanliness of all your computer stations. Which brought up a question, so who is actually cleaner PC or Mac users? Here is a quick picture I took of my bosses PC keyboard and one of my Mac keyboard. Let the arguing begin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM1089.jpg (166.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM1091.jpg (154.4 KB, 35 views)
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

The poll should have an option of "both are equally messy and neat."

I've seen no trend in who's messier, although my sample population is about 75% PC and 25% Mac. Considering both sets of people, I've found them to be about even.

I voted for both being messy. :-)
QUOTE Thanks
Tel

I voted both messy too. I find most setups I see are messy but I just have silly cleanliness standards.
QUOTE Thanks
macEfan

macEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the roughmacEfan is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9

mine is clean, but my dads is full of crumbs.

Report offensive posts
Don't forget to use the rep system!
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

i had a pc.. and it was messy wires everywhere... papers and such on the desk... i bought a mac.. and i completly had a change of heart.. I like things neater now.. i really dont' know why... just kind of happened, lol.. so i voted macs are neater..

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
zap2

there are mess and clean mac and Pc users, but there are more clean PC users and more messy PC users becuz there are more PC users
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

I'll never understand these huge generalizations people try to make based on a single factor.
QUOTE Thanks
macguy.nielsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis
I'll never understand these huge generalizations people try to make based on a single factor.
If you are saying that I am making mass generalizations from what I posted that is wrong to assume. I posted those pictures just as an expample not the only factor to choose from.

Can't please everyone all the time *shakes head in shame*
QUOTE Thanks
scooter

scooter has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid

in my experience, both are messy.

From a G4 400MHz to an Intel Mac Mini to iMac Core Duo to a Macbook Pro 2.6GHz.............gotta love Apple!
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

The factor I am talking about is a person's choice of computer, which has really nothing to do with whether they are going to be a clean or messy person.
QUOTE Thanks
macguy.nielsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis
The factor I am talking about is a person's choice of computer, which has really nothing to do with whether they are going to be a clean or messy person.
I'd have to disagree with that to a certian extent. I believe that if someone is proud of their equipment they will take better care of it. Just like if you had an old Ford Topaz that is rusting out or a new VW Jetta, which would you take more time in taking care of?
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy.nielsen
I'd have to disagree with that to a certian extent. I believe that if someone is proud of their equipment they will take better care of it. Just like if you had an old Ford Topaz that is rusting out or a new VW Jetta, which would you take more time in taking care of?

I agree that is someone is 'proud' of their equipment that they'll take better care of it. I think a better example would be a New Ford vs. a New VW, to parallel the PC v. Mac idea though.
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Well, I've noticed:

Mac users are cleaner.
PC users have brighter, healthier teeth and gums.
Mac users can run faster and jump higher.
PC users produce the most beautiful ice sculptures.
Mac users have better table manners.
PC users are more loyal and trustworthy.
Linux users are less likely to get into drugs and drop out of school as teenagers.
Solaris users are really good at arm-wrestling.
And women who use Plan 9 are really great in bed. :mac:
QUOTE Thanks
edgefusion

edgefusion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram

XP users are rather unstable. Ahahaha.

My keyboard currently looks like the first pic, the only way I know of cleaning it using compressed air and frankly, I'm too lazy to buy some.

QUOTE Thanks
macguy.nielsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgefusion
XP users are rather unstable. Ahahaha.

My keyboard currently looks like the first pic, the only way I know of cleaning it using compressed air and frankly, I'm too lazy to buy some.
HAHA! You ever think that your keyboard is that way BECAUSE you're lazy?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cleveland Going WiFi | Holiday Advice Please »