New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

The Greatest Soundtrack Crime EVER

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Stephanella

Stephanella is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1Gb 667 MHz, OS X 10.4.11

I recently downloaded You've Lost That Loving Feeling for the iPod and listening to it in its full version brought back many memories from the Top Gun years. They say that nostalgia truly sets in when you hit 30 but I can assure you that it must be catching up with me at double the speed. I remember I was given the Top Gun CD as a present when I was a kid and even more sharply so I remember asking myself why ON EARTH what I felt was THE song of the movie was not on it. So for me the omission of this song from the soundtrack is the Greatest Soundtrack Crime ever. Have you got one you would like to share? A song that perhaps you badly wished were included in a soundtrack while it wasn't or vice-versa?

Cogito, ergo lectito.
QUOTE Thanks
Tel

I'd defiantly associate that song with that movie, seems silly to keep it off the album.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

There reasoning is probably because they didn't play the actual song in the movie. Just singing part of the song doesn't require paramount to pay royalties, so they figure why pay more royalties when they don't have to

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
There reasoning is probably because they didn't play the actual song in the movie. Just singing part of the song doesn't require paramount to pay royalties, so they figure why pay more royalties when they don't have to
The actual song is played in the movie... towards the end from the juke box...

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
The actual song is played in the movie... towards the end from the juke box...
Forgot about the part there but as it turns out its a moot point because the song is on the soundtrack

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=music

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

The greatest soundtrack crime *ever* is the fact that John Hughes never released a soundtrack album to the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
Director John Hughes refused to release a soundtrack album for FBDO because he thought the eclectic collection of songs in the movie would not work together.

If they were ever compiled in an album, it would include:

Love Missile F1-11 (Extended Version) by Sigue Sigue Sputnik
Jeannie (Theme From I Dream of Jeannie)
Beat City by The Flowerpot Men
Star Wars (Main Title) by John Williams
Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want (Instrumental) by The Dream Academy
Danke Schoen by Wayne Newton
Twist and Shout by The Beatles
Radio People by Zapp
I'm Afraid by Blue Room
Taking The Day Off by General Public
The Edge Of Forever by The Dream Academy
March Of the Swivelheads by The (English) Beat
Oh Yeah by Yello
BAD by Big Audio Dynamite
I have most of these songs already, but a complete album--man, that would have kicked booty.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribiner23
The greatest soundtrack crime *ever* is the fact that John Hughes never released a soundtrack album to the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

From Wikipedia:

I have most of these songs around here somewhere, but a complete album--that would have kicked booty.
I would have to agree. No soundtrack for Ferris is a much bigger crime. :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Stephanella

Stephanella is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1Gb 667 MHz, OS X 10.4.11

Yes, the song is played at the end of the movie until the end credits run. But it ain't on my version of the soundtrack!

Cogito, ergo lectito.
QUOTE Thanks
Gambit

Speaking of Tom Cruise...

I loved the movie "Vanilla Sky" and before I went Amazon, I went
from store to store to find the soundtrack. Then when I finally do
find the soundtrack, it didn't have that song "One of Us" by Joan
Osbourne (to be exact, the scene where Tom gets surgery from
some German Doctor and comments him on his singing)

Thank Goodness it had the R.E.M. song though.

:headphone
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Internet speed :) | The difference between "disc" and disk" »