New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Next Android OS to be called Ice Cream Sandiwch

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Android screams for Ice Cream Sandwich: We can do better than that | Crave | CNET UK

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

I would laugh if this was not a real rumour. But I've read it at many sites now. This is so sad. It seems Android is using the sweet foods as a theme for their OS names, just like Apple did with the big cats. Honeycomb makes sense. Its a good name. But icecream sandwich? Wtf? I dunno what else to say about this. But .
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
I would laugh if this was not a real rumour. But I've read it at many sites now. This is so sad. It seems Android is using the sweet foods as a theme for their OS names, just like Apple did with the big cats. Honeycomb makes sense. Its a good name. But icecream sandwich? Wtf? I dunno what else to say about this. But .
You're bang on the money there hahaha

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
May 2011
QUOTE Thanks
alexsd123

alexsd123 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13"

They'll probably abbreviate it some way - like they did with Frozen Yogurt (Froyo).
QUOTE Thanks
ZachUSAman

ZachUSAman is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 3.4ghz quad core ati 5850 graphics card 4GB ddr3 ram

best.names.EVER!
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

I've just taken half an hour to try and get a good abbreviation from it, can't do it lol

- Simon

May 2011
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I really like the tasty treat theme they are using to name their Android versions. Plus, it's a very user-friendly way of identifying the version of the phone being that the Android market is so diverse.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsd123 View Post
They'll probably abbreviate it some way - like they did with Frozen Yogurt (Froyo).
Lol I just laugh my self to tears when ever I read this one too.
And maybe you could abbreviate Icecream Sandwich to Icsand. Pronounced as "isand". Or maybe said like "ick-sand".
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.1

If you want to see some funny release names, take a look at some of the Linux distributions out there. I think the Linux crowd takes some liberty at having fun with naming their stuff and tries not to take themselves too seriously on some things. I like it.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

I could totally go for an ice creme sandwich.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-linux View Post
If you want to see some funny release names, take a look at some of the Linux distributions out there. I think the Linux crowd takes some liberty at having fun with naming their stuff and tries not to take themselves too seriously on some things. I like it.
I particularly like Ubuntu's "code names", like Hardy Heron and Gutsy Gibbon, amongst many others. This seems like a time-honored tradition for UNIX-based systems. I know at work, our VMS boxes used to carry model names of cars and motorcyles.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Leukeh

Leukeh is a jewel in the roughLeukeh is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM

Froyo was a fairly common term for frozen yoghurt well before Android used it.

I've always thought the dessert names for OSs is kinda cool... in a cute sort of way. But Ice Cream Sandwich makes me embarrassed to be an Android user =P It's like... if Apple had 10.x - Big Kitty

Behance Design/Photography Porfolio
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leukeh View Post
Froyo was a fairly common term for frozen yoghurt well before Android used it.

I've always thought the dessert names for OSs is kinda cool... in a cute sort of way. But Ice Cream Sandwich makes me embarrassed to be an Android user =P It's like... if Apple had 10.x - Big Kitty
Maybe someone could suggest it to Steve Jobs? That would be hilarious.

- Simon

May 2011
QUOTE Thanks
SuperHeru

SuperHeru is on a distinguished road

it was originally supposed to be Ice Cream, but they thought the statue would look to similar to the Froyo statue on the Google Campus. Kind of a silly name but so is Donut, Eclair, and Froyo.
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

They should create names that fit common, yet funny, acronyms. Omnipotent Masochistic Goats = OMG, Wild Treefrogs Farting = WTF, Freakish Tempting Wenches = FTW

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Some classic Steve Ballmer videos | Apple 'User-Proofing' iPhones With Unremovable Screws »