New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

I Love Apple!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CarlConti08

CarlConti08 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD

I'm sure threads along this line have been posted before, but I just wanted to make the community aware that the awesomeness of Apple continues.

So I've had a considerable number of drop-off and mail in repairs over the 2 years, 4 month life of my MBP. Something in the area of 5 or 6, with at least 4 logic board replacements and at least one monitor replacement, not to mention 1 to 2 speaker replacements. Now, this number of replacements is definitely uncommon. I was a bit frustrated with the way things had gone over the life of my computer, considering I (and by "I", I mean my parents) paid over $2000 for the computer before my freshmen year of college. Despite this I could never really work myself into enough of a temper to really voice my full disappointment to the apple genius I had spoke to most recently to set up my most recent repair (although it didn't help he was about 6'3" and 300 lbs, a bit intimidating to say the least). However, when my computer was ready for pick up, I decided enough was enough. I decided to get my father involved. He understood what I had been through with my computer (and yes, he does understand computers - despite being 60 yrs old, he's been working on them for over 30 yrs and has stayed current) so he already had his own frustration with the whole situation. So I discussed the matter with him for a bit, talking about how it was ridiculous how many times I've had to get my computer repaired and how the cost of the computer should suggest a level of quality inconsistent with the number of repairs, and, when he was good and riled up, I asked him to go to the store with me to pick it up and confront them about the situation. To shorten this story up, after he expressed his concerns with the way things had gone with my computer (passionately to say the least), the apple store was very willing to do everything they could to rectify the situation. I walked out about an hour and half later with a new MBP (15.6", 2.8 GHz i7, 500GB HD, 4GB RAM, 512MB Graphics card, and a high-res matte screen) for free.

I just want to say thank you to Apple for having a customer service policy that allows for such awesomeness to happen, and thank you to my dad for taking the time to go with me and do all the complaining for me that resulted in this awesome early Christmas present.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

QUOTE Thanks
Meteora

Meteora is an unknown at this point

I like Apples. Apple as a computer company KISSES PINK PONIES

Jk Mac users, jk :p

I love macs since they have silly fart-like noises and are pretty beatiful to look at. Has better animations that MS stole for vista and windows 7 :p

Also safari ftw. MS is good for their games and xbox. LOL @ minesweeper
QUOTE Thanks
MikesMacs

MikesMacs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP i5 500GB 4GB, iPhone 3GS, 160GB Classic, 40GB ATV, 16GB iPad WiFi

Pretty good story, Consider yourself very lucky they did that for you. Thats a nice machine they set you up with also. Sounds good for you! Merry Christmas!

- Mike

Everything was meant to be taken apart.
QUOTE Thanks
HarryO5353

HarryO5353 is on a distinguished road

I have been an Apple user since the '90s....Mac anyway. I used Apple II's years before. Anywho, a similar thing happened to me this year. I had a mid '07 iMac which had been into the Apple store for repair 4 times in the last 4 months of it's life. The night before Applecare was due to expire, it acted up again. Got on the phone to Apple, and within an hour, a senior engineer offered to replace my iMac with a brand new iMac....3 years of Applecare. It was an early Xmas! I have had this happen once before, but not with a 3 year old machine.

There is a reason Apple is #1 in customer service and tech support in the world! This is it. They know how to treat customers!

I never even suggested a new machine, nor was looking for it. They offered! As soon as my iMac was in Fedex's system, a new iMac was on it's way to me. 3 days later, it was on my doorstep!

Alright Apple! You've won a lifetime customer!

Harry
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlConti08 View Post
... I decided to get my father involved. He understood what I had been through with my computer (and yes, he does understand computers - despite being 60 yrs old...
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Maybe because instead of despite... There are a lot of us 60 year olds out here that still know at least a little something. At least when senility or bad eyesight isn't getting the best of us.

Congrats on the new rig.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4, 3 iPods, OS X 10.9.2

ROFL. I guess I can say "I represent that".
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.2

And what about us poor, discriminated against seventy + year olds?

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
CarlConti08

CarlConti08 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD

Haha well in all my joy and slight drunken buzz when I posted this originally i used the "B-Word" to describe how my dad complained (Starred out no less), and as a result I got a warning from the admins. Oh well I don't give a shhh– I mean crap (oops, almost let one of those naughty swear words slip again).

Just thought that was a bit humorous.

Hope everyone's enjoying their holiday today!

PS: I got a kindle! Wooohooo!

QUOTE Thanks
Meteora

Meteora is an unknown at this point

LOL @ "KISSES PINK PONIES" I forgot what I typed there that was over the border...was it just sucks? How's that bad?
QUOTE Thanks
TF626

TF626 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic

Never really considered other products until I got an iPhone. I had iTunes, and an iPod on my Windows PC, but switched to Mac this year. Can't complain one bit, now I got several Apple products just because they are such great devices!
QUOTE Thanks
Ms.Pirate

Ms.Pirate is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, iTouch, iPod

I like Apple too
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best Holiday Gift - 2010 | Good audio sites? »