New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

lot of PC people seem to want OSX?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

note: i guess this is skating close to the edge of the rules but hopefully this can work...if not just delete and i apologize in advance and stick by my good intentions in a legitimate conversation that is based on torrents

i was browsing a torrent site today and noticed that there are several x86 developer cd's floating around for download on the internet. it amazed me how many comments were made by people attempting to use it on their PC.

maybe apple could become a software and hardware company and sell the OS to work on any computer out there, while still making its sexy machines, and make a bundle on it which may increase the usage in the business world which would in turn make osx give windows rather large competition.

i think a lot of people might be trying to get this to work for '****s and giggles' but i also hope they all have trackers on them and apple starts suing their hearts out

i am now really excited to see what happens when apple releases its intel computers [goes and checks apple's stock to see if i am able to get a little ]

-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
johninc

johninc is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200

As far as I know this Dev disc and the SSE2 patch have been out for quite some time. I think august or June or somewhere in between. Unfortunately my Dell Demension 2400 I bought in 2004 is incompatible with this combonation.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

yea it came out around july or beginning of august when i created this thread....about 6 months ago

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
Jabjabs

Jabjabs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.25Ghz Mini, 512MB, 40GB

While I won't dare touch this kind of stuff, there is a cense for wanting to run OSX on your PC. To get the advantages of the OS on hardware you have personally built and not dictated to you. I suppose that's about it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What's your Favorait Mac? | IBM just couldn't deliver eh? »