Windows Vista Viruses....already.

Ex_PC_Puke
    Somethings are just pre-ordained :p

badmojo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex_PC_Puke
    Somethings are just pre-ordained :p
    Lmao!

iMe
    Hahah....so whens service pack 1 comming out from Vista. My guess is it will be out before Vista's Launch date.

Specs:
    MacBook
    One of the many reasons I love my Macs more than my Windows machines
    :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

If there was an OS that made it impossible to write any malicous code for it, then that OS would be pretty much worthless.

Specs:
    Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
    I love it.... It just makes me feel like the people in the Capital One commercials... as the hords of attackers run to pillage and plunder... I just whip out my Powerbook and the vikings all have to go home bored and depressed. Makes me smile.

As I have said before (since we all know where this thread is probably going)... Why Macs don't get viruses is irrelevant... The point is. They don't.
    "If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsboy18
    Why Macs don't get viruses is irrelevant... The point is. They don't.
    Never thought of it like thatů

Specs:
    iPad 32 GB 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by iMe
    Hahah....so whens service pack 1 comming out from Vista. My guess is it will be out before Vista's Launch date.
    I love it when people rip on software as being unready and in need of patches, when it's in freaking BETA.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OS10.12, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OS10.12 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by dan828
    I love it when people rip on software as being unready and in need of patches, when it's in freaking BETA.
    That I have to agree with. Wait at least till the final version is released in the stores. Then check into it and see what happens. I am not that impressed so far but who knows.

It would take a LOT to totally impress me. Tiger is very good and stable and secure. XP is no where as bad as some say, but when I really want to get stuff done I tend to use a computer with OSX.

Wait and see. Right now it's not fair to judge it. Beta is far from the final release.

Specs:
    Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by dan828
    I don't think anybody is ripping it for being unready or judging it as a finished product... I think most look at it more as a matter of track record... Just based on MS's history the chances are that Vista in it's final shipped version will end up requiring more security patches than you can shake a stick at.

We can all hope that isn't the case but MS certainly hasn't given us any reason to have confidence that it won't be. Plus you have to admit that the fact these hackers have only been looking at Vista for a short period of time and have already found some gaping holes that allow virus self propagation straight from the command line... well it doesn't exactly bolster confidence that is for sure.

Truth be told... Even if it makes no headway at all, which I'm sure it will make some vast improvements over XP, Microsoft will be just fine... And thats just fine with me. It keeps the hackers busy and away from my Mac.
    "If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Anybody bother to read this or are we just playing pile up on Microsoft time?

Just a reminder, while Mac OS X is superior, it's not perfect either. Let's focus more on how we can better use our own OS rather than tearing down another. You never know when the tables will turn (as it has in the past). I mean I'm sorry to break it to you, but Apples has put out some really horrid OS releases in the past.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OS10.12, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OS10.12 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by schweb

Just a reminder, while Mac OS X is superior, it's not perfect either. Let's focus more on how we can better use our own OS rather than tearing down another. You never know when the tables will turn (as it has in the past). I mean I'm sorry to break it to you, but Apples has put out some really horrid OS releases in the past.
    Yep, Saw it. Forgot to mention it in my other reply.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by schweb

Exactly, no OS is perfect. I for one, have read the article and even added my comments to it on CNET. Yes, I own systems for each OS, and I prefer my Macs. I don't hate Windows, it is just my opinion that Mac OS X is the better choice. :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Thread Information