New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

The one and only Woz!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

CarpathiaMan

CarpathiaMan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac mini | Intel Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 500 GB HD | Dell 27" LCD | OS X 10.10.x

Hi everyone.

I wanted to share this with everyone here. A couple of weeks ago I spent one of the best evenings of my life. What else could I call it -- when, after all, I got to meet ... Steve Wozniak ... in person!

He visited the community college where I work (and where my brother also teaches). We started with the Meet & Greet session. I shook his hand and told him what an honor it was to meet him. We brought the cover from our old Apple //e for him to put his trademark "Woz" signature on it, and then we took some pictures. After this we adjourned to the main stage where he sat down for a one-on-one interview. He talked about all sorts of interesting topics, like his adolescence, the birth of Apple, his approach to engineering, and his thoughts about the tech industry and the state of education in the United States.

He was extremely friendly and down-to-earth. I have to admit, I felt like I could just sit there and chit-chat with him for hours, but I decided not to pester him too much. It was a thrill just to be there. Of course, there was a long line of people anxious to meet him. A lot of people were getting their books signed (the recent one called "iWoz"), but I saw one guy actually come in with his old Macintosh, which I assume he brought in for signing.

Funny how at events like this, the crowd really is comprised of intellectuals and, well ... nerds and geeks! But I mean that in a good way (I'm practically one of them). There was one guy sitting at our table who was in high school and possessed an extremely vast amount of knowledge in areas like physics and programming ... based on what he was telling us, he had already built several robots and has plans to start his own business after school.

I'm so glad I went; it was well worth it. Below are some of the pictures that we took.

QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

So you got to met the Woz?
That is just so cool. You are one very lucky person indeed.
QUOTE Thanks
CarpathiaMan

CarpathiaMan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac mini | Intel Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 500 GB HD | Dell 27" LCD | OS X 10.10.x

Thanks, it was a blast!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« This is why purchasing the wrong smartphone can be lethal | Would You Sign My Mac, Steve Ballmer? »