New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

HTC HD7 suffers from death grip syndrome?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

HTC responds to HD7 death grip reports, says some signal drop is 'inevitable' -- Engadget
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Uh oh, now let's see if all the iPhone 4 drama queens jump on this one too

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
Uh oh, now let's see if all the iPhone 4 drama queens jump on this one too
haha, exactly.
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Ironically, I'm actually listening to Queen right now. Song: Death On Two Legs.

So anyway... This is all well and good but the issue isn't so much that the iP4 dropped bars. That's number one. It dropped calls when the bars got too low. This hasn't been the case with other phones. Yes, bars would and will drop, but not connectivity. This has been shown many times over.

Number two, we're talking about encompassing the entire phone with ones hands, and NOT just holding it a certain way, like many iP4 users do, or any other normal person would hold a phone.

But this is all a non-issue these days, as most people use a case with their iPhones n' such. I don't have a case yet BTW, and grip the heck out of my EVO. Never a weak signal or dropped call. Have had it for a few weeks now.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
So anyway... This is all well and good but the issue isn't so much that the iP4 dropped bars. That's number one. It dropped calls when the bars got too low. This hasn't been the case with other phones. Yes, bars would and will drop, but not connectivity. This has been shown many times over.
Oh Doug, how did I know you'd be all up in this thread spreading your FUD on the iPhone 4 again?

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

I've had my i4 since day once...only one dropped call(under a bridge). Big whoop. To me, this is more of an issue with at&t lame quality than with the phone, because it clearly has the capacity to get great signal strength. If this was the only phone on at&t's system that had problems, then I would blame the phone, but that's not the case.

As for other phones on other providers, would you rather have a phone with an antenna sticking out, or one that's built in? Because, as it has been proven through tests, almost all phones with integrated antennas seem to lose reception when you hug it to death.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Make the square chicken happy right now... ๑[〝◡_◡]๑ | Google map problem »