flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Specs:
    Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
    Quote Originally Posted by schweb View Post
    Uh oh, now let's see if all the iPhone 4 drama queens jump on this one too
    haha, exactly.

Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    Ironically, I'm actually listening to Queen right now. Song: Death On Two Legs.

So anyway... This is all well and good but the issue isn't so much that the iP4 dropped bars. That's number one. It dropped calls when the bars got too low. This hasn't been the case with other phones. Yes, bars would and will drop, but not connectivity. This has been shown many times over.

Number two, we're talking about encompassing the entire phone with ones hands, and NOT just holding it a certain way, like many iP4 users do, or any other normal person would hold a phone.

But this is all a non-issue these days, as most people use a case with their iPhones n' such. I don't have a case yet BTW, and grip the heck out of my EVO. Never a weak signal or dropped call. Have had it for a few weeks now.

Doug

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
    So anyway... This is all well and good but the issue isn't so much that the iP4 dropped bars. That's number one. It dropped calls when the bars got too low. This hasn't been the case with other phones. Yes, bars would and will drop, but not connectivity. This has been shown many times over.
    Oh Doug, how did I know you'd be all up in this thread spreading your FUD on the iPhone 4 again?
    schweb | community leader
    flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    I've had my i4 since day once...only one dropped call(under a bridge). Big whoop. To me, this is more of an issue with at&t lame quality than with the phone, because it clearly has the capacity to get great signal strength. If this was the only phone on at&t's system that had problems, then I would blame the phone, but that's not the case.

As for other phones on other providers, would you rather have a phone with an antenna sticking out, or one that's built in? Because, as it has been proven through tests, almost all phones with integrated antennas seem to lose reception when you hug it to death.
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

Thread Information