New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Windows Phone 7 devices free at Microsoft's own stores

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Windows Phone 7 devices free at Microsoft's own stores
Windows Phone 7 devices free at Microsoft's own stores | Electronista

Proof MS can't sell the W7 phones so they have to give them away.
QUOTE Thanks
clive12

clive12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.

Will be free on certain contracts not completely free offline. In the UK you can get the Iphone 4 free if you want to pay £75 a month for 24 months.

Windows phone may not be great but I doubt Microsoft will just throw away the money they have invested.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

It's "Black Friday" weekend in the US, essentially the start of the Christmas shopping season - and that's exactly what this sale is for. It's too early to read this as a sign of failure for WP7.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

Weird. I actually had an odd dream where I had just bought a laborghini as well as this cool new phone that had sweet 3-d screen/interface. I was thinking it was a new microsoft phone from the swooshing startup screen(like the new xbox 360 update), but right at the end, it had an apple logo, even though it kind of looked like a blackberry. I wonder what that dream meant??

I don't think think microsoft is in the right market with their phones.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Windows Phone 7 developers fear platform flop
AppleInsider | Windows Phone 7 developers fear platform flop
Quote:
Despite a reportedly healthy level of interest from developers, Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 debut appears to have flopped with consumers, leaving developers cautious about investing in the platform.
If your developers fear the platform they are developing for will flop, then geee that's not good at all. Bad for MS I know but their W7 mobiles are really not getting a good word said about them anywhere. I think if the W7 mobile platform truly flops heads will roll. Sure even Vista and the kin failing could not get change to occur at MS. But if W7 mobile fails then I'm sure that will force their hand to make changes.

And if not then nothing ever will.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OP Restrepo. Anyone Watch It Tonight? | Ditching cable tv for streaming »