New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Colleges for apple??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macosxfreak10

macosxfreak10 is on a distinguished road

I am in high school I looking at working for apple does anyone have any suggestions on colleges that are good for like the Mac hardware field at apple?

Thanks a ton
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Mac hardware is just Intel hardware..there's no specific college that addresses that..if you are interested in hardware design, then you want to pursue something like Computer Engineering or even Electrical Engineering at pretty much any college with good programs..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

So, you want to be an industrial designer? My I ask why?

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
macosxfreak10

macosxfreak10 is on a distinguished road

I like to be innovative and find ways to make things faster and better
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Your best bet is probably Electrical engineering, double major or minor in industrial design?

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

Design is a subject where no one school is known for "making" a designer, such as harvard for "making" a lawer. Your portfolio speaks louder than your school, as in the case with Jonathan Ives. For me, my favorite art school was, and still is, The Cleveland Institute of Art. But, there is also the Rhode Island art institute, as well as many art institutes in California.

If you want to actually build something that works on a chip...there's only one school...MIT.

Have fun! Industrial design is a really fun field!

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
iac1988

iac1988 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mid 2009 MacBook Pro, 17", 8GB RAM, 2TB External Samsung, 2TB External Seagate,

Just as an idea, you may want to look into some Apple training courses as well. I have a degree from ITT Tech, however, we never used Apple computers there, so I have been looking for some type of certified Apple based training. Haven't taken any of the courses yet, however, they appear to be rather inexpensive. Might want to check those out too.
QUOTE Thanks
SweetCosmicPope

SweetCosmicPope has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5

Apple offers classes through training centers all over the country. Once I finish my MCSE coursework, that's next on my list of things to do.

"That's Peter Graves scat! I'd know it anywhere!"
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Google up the courses that Jon Ive studied back in the day. Doing something similar would be a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCosmicPope View Post
Apple offers classes through training centers all over the country. Once I finish my MCSE coursework, that's next on my list of things to do.
Sure if you can afford the $1000+ you'll pay for the courses.
QUOTE Thanks
DaFlake

DaFlake has a spectacular aura about

OK, wait a min.... If you are wanting to work in the design field you will need a solid degree in electrical engineering and you had better have solid math and science skills. MIT offers some free on-line courses, you might check there to see if you can find something. Here is a link to their EECS program.....

MIT Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« LimeWire to pull its P2P client after failed court battle | Google Zeitgeist: Apple iPad more popular than Justin Bieber »