New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Most silly Apple support articles.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Here is a couple I found. Really dumb if you ask me.

How to pick up and carry your iMac G5
Quote:
Before moving your computer, make sure all cables and cords are disconnected.
Pick up the iMac G5 by grasping both sides of the computer. Carry it to wherever you wish.
That's it. Like duh doesn't take a genius to work that one out.
There's a similar one here:
iMac (Flat Panel): How to Pick up and Carry

This just proves Apple have instructions for everything even something that would seem obvious to even someone as smart as Homer Simpson.
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Waitaminute..I was told that Apple computers levitate..you mean I have to physically move it myself? I've been lied to...!!

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
This just proves Apple have instructions for everything even something that would seem obvious to even someone as smart as Homer Simpson.
Too bad Homer Simpson rarely ever reads instructions.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
bradders

bradders is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, 4GB, 1TB HDD, quad-core

The final note... "Carry it to wherever you wish"

Thanks for that lol
QUOTE Thanks
s2odin

s2odin is a jewel in the roughs2odin is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)

Quote:

Make sure to lift with your back.

USAF E-2. 1C6X1 - Space Systems Operations. 19 days until BMT.
Upgrade your MBP HD
Tritton AXPro FS
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

It's not just Apple because there are many examples on other help support or products. Has anyone seen the warning hot caution stickers on heaters? How about the now infamous MacDonalds lawsuit that lead to warnings about hot coffee being hot. I believe part of all this is that the companies don't want to be sued by people blaming others for their mistakes.

You know someone must have done the mistake in order for them to make a specific warning about it. For example it still surprises when I hear reports about people who jump the safety fences at zoos so they can take their pictures next to dangerous wild animals. They are then surprised that the animal mauls them. Zoos really shouldn't need signs that say warning dangerous animal or don't climb over fence but they do...
QUOTE Thanks
Mad_Man

Mad_Man is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro. 2.66GHz. 8GB RAM. 256GB SSD. Hi-Res Antiglare Display

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessMac View Post
It's not just Apple because there are many examples on other help support or products. Has anyone seen the warning hot caution stickers on heaters? How about the now infamous MacDonalds lawsuit that lead to warnings about hot coffee being hot. I believe part of all this is that the companies don't want to be sued by people blaming others for their mistakes.

You know someone must have done the mistake in order for them to make a specific warning about it. For example it still surprises when I hear reports about people who jump the safety fences at zoos so they can take their pictures next to dangerous wild animals. They are then surprised that the animal mauls them. Zoos really shouldn't need signs that say warning dangerous animal or don't climb over fence but they do...
Exactly. Way too many people ignorant of common sense.

One day I will find the right words and they will be simple.- Jack Kerouac.
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

I thought this was a support article, but it isn't. Still funny, but anybody remember the "Do not eat iPod shuffle"?

http://jerbl.com/wp-content/uploads/...podshuffle.jpg

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.0.2
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.0.2
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.5
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB4
QUOTE Thanks
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

Quote:

Here is a couple I found. Really dumb if you ask me.

There's a similar one here:
iMac (Flat Panel): How to Pick up and Carry

Hmm...

Quote:
Don't know how to pick up and carry your iMac G5? It's easy.
Quote:
Still need help? Take the Express Lane to contact technical support

There we go.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Zagg Cyber Monday Sale | Gun lovers »