New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Want a White iP4 ?? Ask this kid once he gets out of trouble !!!! LOL

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

17yr old make $130 00 making selling White iP4 ...

Love the ingenuity of this 17yr old kid and the way he went about doing it all, but at the end of the day he has broken the law, and guess he will pay the price He is no

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

A part of me wants to be that kid… but the other doesn't want to break any laws

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by McYukon View Post
A part of me wants to be that kid… but the other doesn't want to break any laws
Agreed Makes you wonder though as to what the REAL problems are with  getting them on the shelves if this kid made so much money by doing it himself ??? And having happy customers .... Think  need to employ this kid and see what else he has up his sleeve if he can think outside the box like this ...

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

I fail to see how this is illegal? Apple has only them self to kick in the rear, but that's assuming they actually have a problem with it, which I don't, and have called BS on all their claims before and still hold my word. I think they are waiting to release a white version right before a new iphone comes out...whether it's iphone5 or just an iphone4v2.0. I know I will be trying the white conversion kit when my warranty is up...guaranteed!

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
shashing

shashing is on a distinguished road

darn smart kid! much ingenius at young age. of course who doesn't want the white version of the iphone especially that of the iphone 4. i just hope apple releases their official white version soon.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

What's illegal? He's selling a phone cover. I don't get it.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfrischholz View Post
Dont really see how that will stop people taking the iP4 apart as i can go down my local Dlck Smiths and buy a torx screw set for like $5 ??
There getting to overwhelmed IMO

QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Said it before and will say it again, why is everyone so obsessed with having a white phone!
It's all about image isn't it. Vanity is expensive I guess.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
Said it before and will say it again, why is everyone so obsessed with having a white phone!

It has me stumped too Kev ... White or Black ?? Just goes to show the sort of mentality that the human race has doesnt it

Why white looks so much better is a mystery to me.. I wouldnt buy one ...

QUOTE Thanks
clive12

clive12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
Well its not a white iphone its a white iphone 4 which technically doesn't exist yet.

To onlookers it looks like you have some amazing new piece of kit long before anyone else.

If you have a CEX in Crawley look at how much they bump up the price of stuff that hasn't been released/is difficult to get when they have it.

They had offline iphone 4s for £750 when stocks were low at Apple and had Call of Duty Modern Warfare for £75 a week before it released.

Some people will pay stupid amounts of money to have the latest bit of tech and be that little bit more in front of everyone else.

In terms of breaking the law all he is doing is selling a phone cover so I don't see what laws he is breaking.

Flip it around a minute if he had come up with the idea of making a white iphone 4 cover before Apple had announced it would Apple be infringing on his idea?
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Where is the crime committed? Why is that when ever Apple says something is a crime or against the law everyone jumps on board as if their the legal authority? Time and again Apple cries foul to only be proven wrong.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

It is a short write up, but I don't see the crime unless it can be proven he knowingly and willfully purchased stolen goods, or made some fraudulent sales decisions. Of course, in a civil case anything is possible. There is also the question of whether it was a lawful import of goods for resale aspect as well. Who knows, the article doesn't say too much.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
GraceGuitars

GraceGuitars is on a distinguished road

This whole thing is hilarious. Reminds me of people buying holy water.

Even the name of the website (whiteiphone4NOW) is a parable of the culture's obsession with instant gratification. Oh my, if you don't buy the kit, you'll have to wait until SPRING Oh the horror!

-Jon
iMac 27", 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM
Macbook Air 13", 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Remember when the black MacBook was the one to get? The infamous "Blackbook" was the desirable one and commanded a premium. I'm going to laugh if the iPhone5 comes in mostly white and everyone freaks out trying to get the black version.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
GraceGuitars

GraceGuitars is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-linux View Post
Remember when the black MacBook was the one to get? The infamous "Blackbook" was the desirable one and commanded a premium. I'm going to laugh if the iPhone5 comes in mostly white and everyone freaks out trying to get the black version.
That would be hilarious. It's a paradox isn't it? So many people want to be "different," but it ends up being a herd mentality.

-Jon
iMac 27", 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM
Macbook Air 13", 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What time do you eat Thanksgiving dinner? | Child #5 has arrived. »