New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Needing info from my fellow members in the USA ... Re : Holiday :-)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Well time has come and im finally being turned out to pasture and my Ex has finally gotten off her a.$$ and is putting the divorce papers in.... Ill be FREE. . . . . . . FREE i say lol.
Well here lies the problem. I am going to celebrate at end of year with The Boys and see what else is out there in the big bad world of women.
But i do want to celebrate with my 7Yr old boy and have decided im going to take him to DisneyLand ??? Or is that Disney World ??? Or Walt Disney World ?? or Walt DisneyLand ??
As you can see i am totally confused. As a kid growing up, i always knew of DisneyLand created by Walt Disney himself and always dreamed to go to the place where dreams come true and where everything is covered in Faire Dust.

Now my question IS WHICH is WHICH and WHAT is WHAT ?? I want to take him to DisneyLand but doing research there is 2 or 3 different types of *Disney* park/resorts spread from a.$$hole to breakfast time all over the USA.

Is the true DisneyLand the one in Florida or is it in CA ??? Im buggered and feel as if i have been going around in circles. Wiki says BOTH of them are the biggest and the best ??
Please help me my mates in the States Please.

Is it all its hyped up to be ?? Is it worth $7k for a weeks holiday ?? Is there somewhere else me and my boy will have lots fun in a week ??
Needing help here people

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Personally (speaking from experience) Go to Orland, Florida, because there are so many other parks very close by, and traveling between is easy, and the whole place is awesome.
I haven't been to Califonia, which was the first park and was called Disneyland Park, it's just been shortened by local speak, because it's a heck of a long way from here!
Either way, your boy will love it mate, perfect age to go, and congrats on the divorce (if that's the right thing to say??!!)

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
Either way, your boy will love it mate, perfect age to go, and congrats on the divorce (if that's the right thing to say??!!)
LOL It most certainly is Kev Cheers

On the other info Thanks ... As i said im so confused and yea i thought the CA Disney was the original. Looking at going for a week so OTHER parks would be a bonus. Dont know if i could handle 7 days in one park and im not sure they are that big to be able to spend 7 days there lol

Looking at it the Hotel/Accom is going to be my biggest cost so want to get it right. BUT will be looking to fly in these new A380 Airbuses too as i love flying.
Chopper license is on my ToDo list lol
Appreciate the comment but not knowing all ( ) ill see what others have to say about the CA Disney lol

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Disney World is in Orlando, Florida. Disney Land is in Anaheim, California.

Been to Disney Land countless times. Not by choice, and it's not really anything special.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
Been to Disney Land countless times. Not by choice, and it's not really anything special.

Come on CR ......... Its the place where Dreams come true, isnt it. Sorry i love fun parks. 38 yr old kid here. No matter where i decide to go im gonna have a blast, but its more for my boy
But i suppose living and breathing it, it wouldnt be that special for you.
My figuring is 600 million people cant be wrong ....

Leaning towards Florida ATM

QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
Come on CR ......... Its the place where Dreams come true, isnt it. Sorry i love fun parks. 38 yr old kid here. No matter where i decide to go im gonna have a blast, but its more for my boy
But i suppose living and breathing it, it wouldnt be that special for you.
My figuring is 600 million people cant be wrong ....

Leaning towards Florida ATM
When you practically live right next to DisneyLand...I think the magic goes away. I have some die hard friends that just love it and want to live there and all of them are girls. I have guy friends that are the opposite and insist that it's pure evil. >_>"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
When you practically live right next to DisneyLand...I think the magic goes away. I have some die hard friends that just love it and want to live there and all of them are girls. I have guy friends that are the opposite and insist that it's pure evil. >_>"
LOL Funny ...

So girls love it aye ??? Hmmm Just divorced so this could be a good pick up line

"Wanna come to Disney with me" ?? LMAO

QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
LOL Funny ...

So girls love it aye ??? Hmmm Just divorced so this could be a good pick up line

"Wanna come to Disney with me" ?? LMAO
Better yet. "Let's runaway together, to DisneyLand."

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Better yet. "Let's runaway together, to DisneyLand."
LOL i like it ......

Wait hang on this is about me and my boy ...... Women have a lot to answer for ATM ...
Yea back to the problem

QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

You only need to spend one day at any given park, but, in Orlando, you have the 4 Disney Parks, 2 Universal Studios Parks, and Sea World, so that's 7 huge parks to choose from.

Also, unless you're going over Christmas/New Years, Orlando hotels are dirt cheap. You can sometimes use Priceline or Hotwire and get 4 star hotels for $60 a night in prime locations. Any of the neighborhoods listed around any of the parks of would be ideal. Or, if you're within a couple miles of the intersection of I-4 & the Florida Turnpike, you'll be in the heart of it all. The areas down toward Kissimmee are geared a little more towards budget travelers--safe & cheap, but a 20 minute drive from the main attractions.

The trick is to check the Hotwire rates and then bid 15% less on Priceline. Usually your bid will be accepted, and if it's not, just go back to Hotwire.

PM me if you have any specific questions. I've spent no shortage of time there over the years.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

I would say make sure your Ex does not get everything you own in the divorce. Make sure you have a good lawyer. You can never be too safe I say. And once that is done and a decent (for both parties) settlement is done then party.

And enjoy your time in the USA and please give the rest of us Aussies a good image while you're there .
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.1

Disneyland is in Commie-fornia and Disney World is in Florida. I'd suggest the Florida resort for a variety of reasons not the least of which are Animal Kingdom and Epcot Center. If you have Netflix, at least here in the USA, there are several DVD's available with documentaries on the parks, latest attractions, how they were made, etc... Many are the sort of thing you see on Discovery Channel and pretty entertaining in their own right.
If you like shooting, Orlando and the area have some fine full-auto shooting ranges as well.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

From what my friends tell me you need a week to see everything in Disney World in Orlando.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

You'll definitely need a week to do Orlando, easily. We took 2 and didn't get it all done.
Best time to go is before Spring Break in the US, as it's quieter so far less queuing time (we were told this by the tour guides).

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

I have to agree with two points made so far:

- there are LOTS of other things to do in the Orlando, Florida area if the whole "Disney" experience gets to be too much. Of course there are other things to do in the Los Angeles area as well.

If you're interested (and get a rental car)...Miami, FL is about 3-4 hours South...and the Florida Keys (are about 1-3 hours more South) depending how far you go (Key West is the Furthest). I've been to the Florida Keys many times.

- I was about 23-24 years old when I first went to Disney in Florida...and let me tell you...the Disney park itself I found to be a BIG BIG disappointment! But that was probably because I was older. The "Disney" part of the part is really for younger folks...the rides in Disney really STANK. The other "parks/areas" at Disney are better for Adults.

I'm not sure what your budget is...but I would imagine that traveling from "OZ"...flying to California would be less expensive than Florida (unless you get some sort of special travel package).

Hope this helps,

- Nick

p.s. Sorry to hear about the divorce. I hate when that happens...but if it's for the best for everyone involved...then so be it.

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« RIM shows off PlayBook administering Web beatdown to iPad | I went Android with Sprint! »