New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

What's Ur Thoughts On Black Ops

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Squewheet

Squewheet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.66GHz Intel Core i5 4GB 1067MHz DDR3

I just got it and I played Campaign a little but I started on Multiplayer and can't stop. I think the scorpion smg and the famas assault are the best guns.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Its just a Game ....... Must be the age of me coming out. Im still happy to play *Worms* and still get a giggle out of it, but that is just me

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Gary86

Gary86 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Early 2010 13" MBP; Late 2010 13" MBA

I like it a lot. Same type of gameplay as world at war. Different makers from MWII so takes a little bit to get use too. I like the wager matches a lot actually. Gun game is awesome. I think it's crazy some guys prestiged in the first day. I'm on a 1 star general right now. Do you play on PS3 or XBOX? I'll PM u my gamertage for PS3
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
Its just a Game ....... Must be the age of me coming out. Im still happy to play *Worms* and still get a giggle out of it, but that is just me
I'm with you on this one mate
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

It just got delivered today from newegg. I can't stop playing multiplayer...especially 1vs.all. The famas is pretty good, but the last a.r. you get is the best imo. I also like the mac...fun little thing.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Being developed by Treyarch, I'm not hoping for much, after what they did to CoD 3 and 5...

However, I did watch many trailers and it DOES look good, but I won't know for sure until I get my hands on it.
QUOTE Thanks
swan44

swan44 is on a distinguished road

CoD modern warfare was the best, every other addition got progressively worse. I haven't checked out black ops yet, but will soon
QUOTE Thanks
MikesMacs

MikesMacs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP i5 500GB 4GB, iPhone 3GS, 160GB Classic, 40GB ATV, 16GB iPad WiFi

I think the campaign mode is the best by far. It is very long and packed with cool features. As for online, I think MW2 was better. Maybe it will just take some more getting used to.

- Mike

Everything was meant to be taken apart.
QUOTE Thanks
s2odin

s2odin is a jewel in the roughs2odin is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan44 View Post
CoD modern warfare was the best, every other addition got progressively worse. I haven't checked out black ops yet, but will soon
Thank you.

The original CoD was made for PC only (no console) by Activision back in the day. Then CoD2 came to consoles, then CoD2: Big Red One was made by Treyarch. They did a terrible job. Then Treyarch made CoD 3 and it was garbage. Then Modern Warfare came out and revolutionized the series. I did MLG for CoD4 on Xbox 360 and it was the most competitive game in the series. Then Treyarch made WAW but it went back to WW2.... wtf? MW 2 was garbage, and I don't expect anything from Black Ops.

Not buying it.

USAF E-2. 1C6X1 - Space Systems Operations. 19 days until BMT.
Upgrade your MBP HD
Tritton AXPro FS
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Meh, I'd rather go out and fire real weapons than pretend to do so on a computer. The graphics seem nice though. Any game that features a .32 caliber Scorpion, and a French bullpup jamo-o-matic that blinds you with your own burnt powder as some of the "best guns" is not very realistic IMHO.
QUOTE Thanks
clive12

clive12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesMacs View Post
I think the campaign mode is the best by far. It is very long and packed with cool features. As for online, I think MW2 was better. Maybe it will just take some more getting used to.

- Mike
Campaign mode being better is a positive in my opinion. I like the online play but usually end up getting killed instantly by children who spend their lives playing online.

Played a bit of campaign and am really enjoying it. I also recently got

Battlefield BC 2 Ultimate Edition and Medal of Honor

But am wondering if I need all three games.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
I almost fell out of my chair when I read that! Worms - ah well, I hope it's not my age that's catching up with me because I'm a wormy also. Now, where did I put that "Pong" game?
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

I'm up to level 40 or 41 and trying to unlock pro perks.

My favorite class by far is dual wield with Scorpians, LAW lunacher, tomahawk, flash bangs, claymore, lightweight, steady aim, and marathon.

Let you flash bang corners as you're running and then popping around and killing whoever happens to be standing there.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

LOL Ahhh memories Charlie ..... A lot of folk will freak out at this image thinking something is wrong with there machine hahaha
Just for you

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
SweetCosmicPope

SweetCosmicPope has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5

Kinda want to play, but I'm on the fence. Gameplay looks neat, as do the trailers. Not really feeling the cold war setting, though.

I still haven't gotten to play modern warfare 2, since I've been doing so much schooling and what-not. Should be getting that and Halo: Reach for xmas, though.

"That's Peter Graves scat! I'd know it anywhere!"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphones $95 | Oh the irony! »