New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Paypal fund holds

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

So I sold two items on e-bay. They were successfully paid for with paypal and delivered. I didn't print shipping labels through paypal, but I did enter my tracking number and it shows up as shipped. The problem is, it's still showing shipped and not delivered even though one item was delivered last Monday and one was delivered on Friday.

This is a problem because e-bay put a hold on the funds for up to 21 days after the transaction, once the items were proved to be delivered, or the sellers left positive feedback on my e-bay account.

I contacted the sellers twice already about leaving feedback. One has not responded and I don't think they're going to and the other is most likely a moron because when I asked for feedback on my ebay account with a message sent through ebay, they e-mailed me their so called "feedback".

Is there any ways to get the shipping details to update to delivered? Can I do this without opening a dispute? I don't want to do something that would endanger the money in my paypal account.

Paypal sucks.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
So I sold two items on e-bay. They were successfully paid for with paypal and delivered. I didn't print shipping labels through paypal, but I did enter my tracking number and it shows up as shipped. The problem is, it's still showing shipped and not delivered even though one item was delivered last Monday and one was delivered on Friday.

This is a problem because e-bay put a hold on the funds for up to 21 days after the transaction, once the items were proved to be delivered, or the sellers left positive feedback on my e-bay account.

I contacted the sellers twice already about leaving feedback. One has not responded and I don't think they're going to and the other is most likely a moron because when I asked for feedback on my ebay account with a message sent through ebay, they e-mailed me their so called "feedback".

Is there any ways to get the shipping details to update to delivered? Can I do this without opening a dispute? I don't want to do something that would endanger the money in my paypal account.

Paypal sucks.
Did you email PayPal? That happened to me a few weeks ago and they updated it the next day.

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

The best you can do is contact paypal with a copy of your shipping receipts and tracking info, as well as tell them how the buyers replied to you. GL!

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light

I did e-mail them this morning. I'll just have to wait and see what they do I guess. Sucks, because I need part of the money for some photography equipment that I'm going to need pretty soon.

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

First off Paypal sucks

Who did you ship through USPS,Fedex,UPS? If I'm not mistaken I think paypal will let you fax in the proof of delivery.

Just curious why did paypal put a hold on your money? and why would you ship without having the cash in hand? It just doesn't seem like you the seller are protected at all, If the buyer wanted to lie and say the item was broke,never received..etc you would essentially never see your money and lose your item.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargsbeer View Post
First off Paypal sucks
x2: I had a similar situation with them and it ended up taking about 20 days to get a couple thousand dollars all the way into my account free-and-clear. The lesson I learned was to accept only money orders for payment. It requires patience I often don't have, but I survive. Sucks that they have your cash. Consider it a life lesson and ditch those suckers. They were great 10 years ago, but not so much anymore.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

Don't fault a system for your own problems. You can cherry pick problems with practically everything, but just as easy as that is to do, so is protecting yourself before a transaction is ever completed. It's pretty simple to follow guidelines that SUGGESTED to you in order to protect yourself from situations like this...it's shown to you when your listing has ended via paypal, when you see who the final winner is/shipping info.
And money orders? Seriously? There's more fraud in there than probably ANYTHING else.
Learn before you do.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
money orders? Seriously?

Actually Money Orders were very successful on Ebay for a longtime, The only reason they are not allowed has nothing to do with fraud. It's simply because Ebay/Paypal weren't getting there cut.
QUOTE Thanks
MikesMacs

MikesMacs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP i5 500GB 4GB, iPhone 3GS, 160GB Classic, 40GB ATV, 16GB iPad WiFi

When I reached 100 sales on eBay, PayPal quit holding my funds. 6 months later, usps lost an iPhone 4 I sold for $900. Needless to say, Im out $900. Thanks usps!!

Everything was meant to be taken apart.
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesMacs View Post
When I reached 100 sales on eBay, PayPal quit holding my funds. 6 months later, usps lost an iPhone 4 I sold for $900. Needless to say, Im out $900. Thanks usps!!

That sucks, Did you purchase insurance and use delivery confirmation?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Got to agree with the money order comment. 10 years ago when I joined e-Bay (and there was no Paypal)...money orders were a viable way to pay for e-Bay items. Back then you really only had two choices to pay for an item that you purchased from an individual (who couldn't or didn't take credit cards)...was to either pay with a personal check or a money order (of course you could pay with cash as well).

But the risk was...money orders are just like cash. So you could send a money order to an e-Bay seller, they cash the money order...then send you nothing. You really had no recourse. Just think about sending someone a $750 dollar money order (or more) for a computer you purchased...and keeping your fingers crossed that you actually get the computer...and not a brick!

Today...although Paypal does have it's negative aspects...I certainly feel it's a much better option that sending someone a money order. Cause with Paypal you do have some recourse.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikesMacs View Post
Usually the USPS is the least expensive, has the worst tracking, is generally the slowest, and is the least reliable method of shipping (in my experience). Whenever I purchase an item I strongly suggest to the seller to ship either UPS or Fed Ex...even if it costs me more.

When I have shipped with the USPS...I always get insurance. Thankfully I've never had to put in a claim...I'm not sure how they would handle it. ONce the government gets your money...they don't want to give it back!!!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Wow guys. I called customer service and they checked that the items were delivered and then released the money. It's on it's way to my checking right now.

And yes, pay pal does suck. Now the next big problem. I have to wake up in 6 hours to go to work and I'm not even tired. Any one have a cure for insomnia?

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
bradders

bradders is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, 4GB, 1TB HDD, quad-core

Quote:
Wow guys. I called customer service and they checked that the items were delivered and then released the money. It's on it's way to my checking right now.

And yes, pay pal does suck. Now the next big problem. I have to wake up in 6 hours to go to work and I'm not even tired. Any one have a cure for insomnia?
Valium
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

Quote:
I have to wake up in 6 hours to go to work and I'm not even tired. Any one have a cure for insomnia?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders View Post
Valium
I think Xanax works better.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OMG, when did ebay start taking part of my final selling price? | Favorite Superhero/hero from comic books or graphic novels? »