New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Ufc 121

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

s2odin

s2odin is a jewel in the roughs2odin is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)

Anyone here watch UFC 121 last night? I didn't get a chance to order it, but I saw that Velasquez dominated Lesnar.

I just can't wait for GSP to fight Josh Koscheck again, definitely ordering UFC 124
QUOTE Thanks
TheOneBillyX

TheOneBillyX will become famous soon enough

I saw a (paid) live stream at the movie theater. Lesnar looked like a complete amateur; I thought he was going to adapt his style instead of going for that quick kill. Ortiz fight was decent too.
QUOTE Thanks
squishybread

squishybread is on a distinguished road

I watched it.. It definitely did not disappoint.. theres a good recap of it here... UFC 121 Lives Up to the Hype
QUOTE Thanks
sentinelcases

sentinelcases is on a distinguished road

i streamed it on the internet! although i'm a lesnar fan (because of the hype), i already knew coming in he was no match for velasquez. coming out of the carwin fight, i knew lesnar still had a long way to go before he becomes the "undisputed" champion that everyone is saying he is. however, i was surprised to see to how easy velasquez dominated the fight.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

I was never a fan of Brock, but a huge fan of GSP...my friend actually bought a bought off of GSP's brother in canada!

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
s2odin

s2odin is a jewel in the roughs2odin is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)

Yea, Brock has a long way to go to be a real champ. He still seems stuck in his WWE days. He's not going 100% or something. I wasn't surprised by how Velasquez dominated him. Once Carwin bloodied him, I think people saw past Brock's physical exterior.

GSP fight will be huge with Koshcheck. Definitely ordering it or going to B Dubs to watch it.

USAF E-2. 1C6X1 - Space Systems Operations. 19 days until BMT.
Upgrade your MBP HD
Tritton AXPro FS
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2odin View Post
going to B Dubs to watch it.
That's what I usually do. For the same prices for PPV, you can go to bdubs, get some wings and a drink, all while talking to people there. mmm speaking of chicken wings...

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
sentinelcases

sentinelcases is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2odin View Post
Yea, Brock has a long way to go to be a real champ. He still seems stuck in his WWE days. He's not going 100% or something. I wasn't surprised by how Velasquez dominated him. Once Carwin bloodied him, I think people saw past Brock's physical exterior.

GSP fight will be huge with Koshcheck. Definitely ordering it or going to B Dubs to watch it.
He was out for a while with a stomach disease that was "life threatening" before Carwin I think so maybe he's not 100% percent. Anyway, definitely look forward for the GSP fight!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Due Date | Better for Travel? »