New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Windows Vista??

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

So the cat's out of the bag (excuse the pun), Longhorn is officially going to be called "Windows Vista".

Are they trying to lose the bogged-down bloatware image or what?
Like a breath of air... ...from a car exhaust.

What do you think?

EDIT: Just for the record - I didn't put in option 4...
Quote:
Introducing Windows Vista™

It enables a new level of confidence in your PC and in your ability to get the most out of it.

It introduces clear ways to organize and use information the way you want to use it.

It seamlessly connects you to information, people, and devices that help you get the most out of life.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Windows Vista? Ha. Now, I'm going to think about Taco Bell, every time I'm going to hear it. Pass the bean dip, please. :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

::shifty eyes::
QUOTE Thanks
iWonder

iWonder is a jewel in the roughiWonder is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.

1 mill and 2 votes for vista?? whaa?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Hey who messed up my thread?

Graphite - what's with those shifty eyes? Did you not take your happy pills?
QUOTE Thanks
Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

lol relax. all fixed
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

:alert: :alert: M$ Sympathizer :alert: :alert:
QUOTE Thanks
badmojo

Sounds like a fleabag motel or somethin'.

I can just hear it now;

"Dude, you got Vista yet?"

"Who, me?" [Millenium Edition]

"No, Vista"

"Are you talkin ta me?"

"No, moron, Vista. Me was two gens ago"

"Vista where?"

"In your computer."

"In my computer?"

"Yea."

"It's a Dell, not a vista".

"Arrrrghh..."

[It would sound something akin to this diatribe. http://www.phoenix5.org/humor/WhosOnFirstAudio.mp3 ]
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

I don't see what the big deal is, they had to call it something, did you expect them to call is XP2?
QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

yeah but vista?... come on... they can do better than that. it doesn't even sound good next to windows. "windowsvista"

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks
iWonder

vistas longhorn.. hm..
what about windows: outdated
QUOTE Thanks
Rob

I have the latest Windows Longhorn(Now Vista) beta, and it sucks.

[EDIT]And what the heck took them so long to decide when to release it? Mac has made, what 2 or 3 new OS vers in the time windows made 1, and around the time Vista comes out, Macs new OS will be out as well.
QUOTE Thanks
iWonder

by the time it releases in 2038 it will crush os 9! i dont care WHAT YOU SAY!
QUOTE Thanks
Rob

Lol!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
I have the latest Windows Longhorn(Now Vista) beta, and it sucks.

[EDIT]And what the heck took them so long to decide when to release it? Mac has made, what 2 or 3 new OS vers in the time windows made 1, and around the time Vista comes out, Macs new OS will be out as well.
Now... to give fair credit to MS here (which I rarely ever do).... The Tiger betas were horrible.

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Yahoo purchases Konfabulator | movies on PSP »