Facebook apps leak user information to tracking companies
    Facebook users are inadvertently providing access to their names and in some cases even their friend's names to advertising and Internet tracking companies, through some popular applications, the Wall Street Journal said.

According to the Journal's investigation, the issue affects tens of millions of Facebook app users, including people who set their profiles to Facebook's strictest privacy settings, the paper said.

The practice violates Facebook's rules and raises questions about its ability to keep identifiable information about its users' activities secure, the paper said.

On Sunday, a Facebook spokesman told the Journal that it is taking steps to "dramatically limit" the exposure of users' personal information.
    "A Facebook user ID may be inadvertently shared by a user's Internet browser or by an application," the spokesman told the paper.

Knowledge of an ID "does not permit access to anyone's private information on Facebook," he said, adding that the company would introduce new technology to contain the problem identified by the Journal.

17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    No link?

Ok I'll provide the link you did not add in. Cause I saw this story before.
    BBC - Newsbeat - Claim some Facebook apps pass on personal info on users

Thanks for contributing. But always remember to include the link please.

And is the sg in your username meaning Savage Garden or am I totally on the wrong track?

4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    here another link,
    Facebook in Privacy Breach

I'm guessing the sg could mean "star gate universe"...I might be on the wrong track though
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
    And is the sg in your username meaning Savage Garden or am I totally on the wrong track?
    Is for Stargate Universe the TV series on SciFy

BTW i'm a new user so i didn't put a link because i was afraid to be accused of spam or something like that.

Waiting for a mate . . .
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by sguniverse View Post

BTW i'm a new user so i didn't put a link because i was afraid to be accused of spam or something like that.

Dont worry about that. The Mods here are pretty well on there game and there is a easy reporting page if a member believes it to be SPAM. It wont last long in other words and you will know about it.

As the8thark has stated always put a link in, so people dont think you are playing around and there then is also evidence to back up the LinkLess claim

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Thread Information