New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Entering PC forums

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Graphite

Graphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud ofGraphite has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

I really hate it when I go to a PC forum, I feel like im out of place.

Had to contact them for a PC programmer. (dont ask, Evur has to be ported sometime)
QUOTE Thanks
Mr.Guvernment

i am sure many PC user coming to this forum feel out of place - i know i do!
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Well Graphite was looking for a programmer.. and you are.. looking into getting a Mac?
QUOTE Thanks
Mr.Guvernment

i am just here to enlighten my knowledge of MAC's and to get out of the stereo typical label of a PC lover that many would so like to think.

i like a good knowledgable debate between the 2 platforms and if properly done - both sides come out learning something new, hopefully as opposed to being zealots to their prefered system.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Fair enough. Can I ask - what were your peticular counter measures against this past months wormapalooza? by the way, I thoroughly hate that kind of miserable slob -matter of fact I posted the first warnings of it in a Linux forum as well as the first fixes And though I can say I don't like a personal computer being so exposed, it really shouldn't matter in my view. That sort of thing should not happen :rolleyes:
QUOTE Thanks
Mr.Guvernment

Did not pay much attentin to it - i got my norton corprate installed and let it do it's thing - no viruses came into my systems or affected one of them - i am in charge of 17 PC's in a home office set up and have no Uni or college degree's. - one of the PC's receives our email and gets between 300-500 emails daily.
All viruses from people (as always - usually from hotmail and aol) were caught and automaitcally handled before i even got to the emails.

in the 3 years i have worked for this company - i have never had a virus - and 2 of my machines dont even have Anti- V on them.

i must be doing something right that top end corprate IT people can not seem to figure out - even after all those years of schooling (i dropped out in grade 11)

QUOTE Thanks
dziner

Here's one thing that really urks me about having to use a PC at work. And this is all about the GUI.

At home with OS X, when I go to the finder I have my drive, disks, home account directories, and a few folders that I use regularly on the left side for easy access. This is all quite easy to use.

BUT...

Here at work I have a PC running XP. I've noticed that when I go to open a file - the window sometimes has the following:

My Recent Documents
Desktop
My Documents
My Computer
My Network Places

But not ALWAYS!

Sometimes I have the following:

History
My Documents
Desktop
Favorites
My Network Places

No consistency. I hate it and it's very frustrating to not have the same options all the time.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Yeah, I know what you mean. The cross - app flexiblility of doz is inconsistent, and a part of the idiotic ease of malicious access. And with the new service packs OH how I love that wording for software all secret and payed for! Are likely to cause that to get a bit worse. Much of the longhorn staff has been moved to service pack work and I feel so sorry for them -- their task is monumental! The new world of Mac and BSD based OS X rules! Left doz around Christmas and never looked back!
QUOTE Thanks
Beatles4Life

Beatles4Life is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.9.5.

dziner: Are you accessing the files from the Start menu or from the My Computer folder [on the desktop]?

Alternatively, you could just open the program you wish to run, hit "open" (Control-o or File-open), and the document will open.

Just a thought.

I can understand how you feel about PeeCees. I don't like them either.

"Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John Lennon.
QUOTE Thanks
The mac 13

any pc quietion ask me..EXCEPT programming.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Pro Mac Movement(PMM) | Burning DVDs in Powerbook »