New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Do you have any ideas for future Apple products?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

On that note, it would be nice to see a phone/vehicle interface that was able to disable text, browser and the like while the car is in drive. I worked a wreck over the summer where a biker was tagged by some guy driving a Saturn. It was discovered upon investigation that the Saturn driver was texting at the time while waiting for the light to turn green. Apparently, he was holding the phone really low in his lap (as texting while driving is illegal here) to avoid detection. He saw movement out of the corner of his eye and said he thought traffic had started moving again. Actually, the movement he saw while staring into his lap was the biker coming across the crosswalk. He only rolled about 5 feet but must have jammed the accelerator pretty good (said he didn't want to hold everyone up at the light). Needless to say the biker lost that fight. I can't help but wonder if the text feature was somehow disabled during times when the vehicle wasn't in "park" there might not have been a wreck.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
Something like that happened to me last summer. I was making a right turn at a stop sign, at night. There was a man/woman wearing a black hoodie who started crossing as I was turning. I didn't see *it* because of the dark night with no street lights, their dark clothing, and the fact that my A pillar was blocking them just at the perfect/wrong time. I didn't hit them, but ever since then, I've always made sure there was no person crossing the street,
Sounds like there was some extenuating circumstances in your situation (dark out, no street light, dark clothing)...I do understand the "A pillar" thing as well. The A pillar in some vehicles is actually quite wide...and blocks the drivers vision more than some folks think...especially when making turns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
but every now and then, there are stupid people who believe they have the right to cross the street when ever they want.
Well...I would say "stupid" is a very strong word. If the light is red, there's a crosswalk, and a "walk" sign that says "walk"...then the pedestrian has the right of way. If these pedestrians are crossing the street in an unsafe manner...such as when the light is green on the street they are crossing...then they are probably not being very "smart"!

But believe it or not...legally...there are not too many situations between an automobile & a pedestrian...where the pedestrian is wrong. But if the pedestrian is right & the automobile is wrong...the pedestrian doesn't win if they are killed in the process!

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
I'm still waiting for a device I can use to "shock" mobile phone users in cars near me to punish them for being on their phones while driving.

"You just drifted into my lane because you're texting while driving?" *ZAPP!!!*
You can sign me up for an iZap . . . although I'm not at all certain I would have the self control to limit myself to using it only on those talking on phones while driving.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-linux View Post
On that note, it would be nice to see a phone/vehicle interface that was able to disable text, browser and the like while the car is in drive. I worked a wreck over the summer where a biker was tagged by some guy driving a Saturn. It was discovered upon investigation that the Saturn driver was texting at the time while waiting for the light to turn green. Apparently, he was holding the phone really low in his lap (as texting while driving is illegal here) to avoid detection. He saw movement out of the corner of his eye and said he thought traffic had started moving again. Actually, the movement he saw while staring into his lap was the biker coming across the crosswalk. He only rolled about 5 feet but must have jammed the accelerator pretty good (said he didn't want to hold everyone up at the light). Needless to say the biker lost that fight. I can't help but wonder if the text feature was somehow disabled during times when the vehicle wasn't in "park" there might not have been a wreck.
I think it's BB that has a feature to disable texting. I forget where I read it and it might not even be for BBs. But yeah, there's a thing like that out there in the wild right now but it has to be turned on/activated when you get in the car. So it's not like it's automatic. It's a feature that automakers need to build into the car. They could make it so only 911 calls are possible with the phone in case the driver is in an accident.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

A cradle for the iPhone / iPod Touch that integrates a directional control or a thumb-joystick and buttons for playing games.

The games on iOS are awesome, they're just annoying to play since you can't get any degree of accuracy just by titling and trying to tap at virtual buttons.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
A cradle for the iPhone / iPod Touch that integrates a directional control or a thumb-joystick and buttons for playing games.

The games on iOS are awesome, they're just annoying to play since you can't get any degree of accuracy just by titling and trying to tap at virtual buttons.
Ask, and ye shall receive.
iControlPad to use Bluetooth instead of dock connector -- Engadget

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Well...I would say "stupid" is a very strong word. If the light is red, there's a crosswalk, and a "walk" sign that says "walk"...then the pedestrian has the right of way. If these pedestrians are crossing the street in an unsafe manner...such as when the light is green on the street they are crossing...then they are probably not being very "smart"!
- Nick

You should come to Cleveland. You have people crossing the street with cars speeding by, and don't even care. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw someone crossing a freeway instead of using the bridge!

ahh...what was this thread about again??

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
I've seen a few of these. The problem is, they're proprietary and so devs need to jump on a particular platform. I think Apple actually needs to release one.

They should also make the design more like a "clamp" so that it's not specific to any one model (iPhone/iPod Touch 2G/3G/4G, etc).

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

I'd like to see Apple wireless modem/routers added to the airport express and extreme range, Apple TVs with airport (LCDs, LEDs, etc ..... not talking about Apple TV box) and stereo systems (mainly amplifiers) with airport.
This would make for a very simple wireless computer and home entertainment setup.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

I'd like to see Apple release a wireless box and modem in one. If they did I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Having to have Wall->modem/router->Airport express->to my mac (wirelessly) is just annoying.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

A couple of things come to mind for me though I don't really think Apple will build either of them.

1. The TiVo killer. If the Apple TV had recording abilities similar to a Tivo I would have jumped at it from day one. That won't happen though because it does not fit with their current content delivery models.

2. I wonder how many more iPads they would sell if you did not also have to have a computer for the backup/syncing process. That wouldn't work for me, since I use computers daily and will have one around but others might like the idea.

3. Revamp the font options in Finder and iTunes. If you are running a larger monitor at higher resolutions the current setup can be a bit hard to read.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

Hmm... A remake of the iMac G3 With an LCD screen, Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz (Or something like that) Basically, only the outer shell would be the same, the innards are completely up to date, and ready to rock for the next 10 years. Although if apple doesn't do it... I'm pretty sure I'd be able to jam a Mac Mini in there somehow!
QUOTE Thanks
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
I'll explain a little bit further (off topic).

I'm a marathon runner (as well as a Mac fanatic). I run lots & lots of miles every week. The safest place for a runner to run on the roads is on the left side (against traffic)...so you can see what a driver is doing...and if they are not paying attention...you can JUMP out of the way.

Since I (and other runners) run against traffic...you practically look EVERY driver right in the eyes...just to see what they are doing & are looking at...just in case. Obviously when doing this you see EXACTLY what the driver is doing...and this includes being on a phone or iPhone...and not paying full attention to driving!

Coincidentally...I've been running for 33 years. Last Monday (8 days ago) for the first time...I was hit by a car!!! No kidding...hit by a car! It was by a person making a right on red...I was just starting to run thru the intersection...and they hit me. What do folks do wrong when they make a right turn at a red light or Stop Sign???...they only look left & almost never look right. Add to this a driver on a phone...and it's that much worse. If a pedestrian is to the right...they never see them & hit them.

- Nick
OMG. Are you okay? Did they graze you or send you flying into a ditch at 50 MPH? (Okay I may be exaggerating) But still, It's a good thing you don't live up here, we have the road and the ditch, NO SIDEWALK. Period. Plus the drivers up here are maniacs when it comes to driving. I've lived in my house for 8 years. And we live at the bottom of a hill. Almost every year we have a major accident. (Last one came crashing through our fence and landed in our front yard.) O_O
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Forgot to mention I would like some way to pair a BT gizmo with more than one device without having to repeat the pairing process. I don't mean multiple simultaneous pairings just an easier way to switch things. For example use the Apple BT keyboard with my MacBook Pro then flip a switch and use it with another Mac it was previously paired with.

Might be nice for BT headsets as well.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 100th Post! | The trend of the Trolls »