Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    Angry Anyone have their mac *laptop* stolen?
    My friend literally just picked up a mac *laptop*, won't say what it is for obvious reasons, for 50 dollars in hand!!!! His first thought was that it was stolen, so were on here asking away if anyone had their stolen. It has no power cord, and the hard-drive is clean. I'm not saying what it is because I don't want people jumping in saying that it's theirs when it's not. I haven't been reading anything, but might just try... we have it, it's in FINE condition!
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

Specs:
    15-inch MacBook Pro
    I am confused. So he bought it for 50 bucks or he found it? If he bought it I am pretty sure he just bought stolen goods. That doesn't sound like a good idea. I mean it is cool that you are seeing if someone lost their machine, but it is still buying stolen property? Maybe I am just not understanding?

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    Calm down! He picked it up from someone locally here, less than an hour ago. He needed the screen, and it came as-is, so he didn't think much about it. But when I saw it, it looked too cheap even if it were dead, thing is though, it works fine!!! So, if anyone on here is missing one, send me a pm. I would imagine the "original" owner to be in the Cleveland area.
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

Specs:
    2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
    No power cord suggests to me that it may have been a snatch and run theft case.
    Also most users I know reinstall the OS once they have wiped the HD.

Other from looking around on the internet, maybe the police have the serial number on file if it is stolen and was reported.
    Another thing you can try is, the machine once may have been covered with apple care and since apple care gets linked to the Mac serial number maybe they also have the owner address.
    Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
    Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
    The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by McYukon View Post
    apple care gets linked to the Mac serial number maybe they also have the owner address.
    good call!!!

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
    My friend literally just picked up a mac *laptop*, won't say what it is for obvious reasons, for 50 dollars in hand!!!! His first thought was that it was stolen, so were on here asking away if anyone had their stolen. It has no power cord, and the hard-drive is clean. I'm not saying what it is because I don't want people jumping in saying that it's theirs when it's not. I haven't been reading anything, but might just try... we have it, it's in FINE condition!
    You didn't say what model laptop it is. If it's an older iBook...$50 bucks...no biggie. You tell me it was a Macbook or Macbook Pro...(and if it still works)...it's stolen!!!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    15-inch MacBook Pro
    Calm down! He picked it up from someone locally here, less than an hour ago. He needed the screen, and it came as-is, so he didn't think much about it. But when I saw it, it looked too cheap even if it were dead, thing is though, it works fine!!! So, if anyone on here is missing one, send me a pm. I would imagine the "original" owner to be in the Cleveland area.
    What in the world did I say in my post that would need me to calm down? I thought I was pretty calm. I even stated what you were doing was a good thing. Geez.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by mdfuller View Post
    I even stated what you were doing was a good thing. Geez.
    That's not what I got out of it...

anyways...

I don't have a mean bone in me

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    I would imagine the "original" owner to be in the Cleveland area.
    Ahh saying it was me then would be a waste of time ??? I live in Australia lol
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    Ahh saying it was me then would be a waste of time ??? I live in Australia lol
    You could have moved VERY recently!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    Ummm...this might sound stupid, but where do I find the serial number? It doesn't have an OS installed.

Specs:
    2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Specs:
    thank you looked there but didn't even notice it taped to the side.

Specs:
    I'm not surprised, it's so tiny anybody could miss it.
    My Mac has it etched inside the battery bay so it is even more invisible.

Specs:
    What does that "Registered" mean? MobileMe maybe? Can they really help find it?

I gotta leave, so I'll continue this tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information