Google Translate adds support for Latin
    Official Google Blog: Veni, Vidi, Verba Verti

I can think of two kinds of people who will love this Traditional Catholics and white-haired old ladies with horn-rimed glasses XD

Or students! Like me who is studying medicine and finding out translations to the latin roots

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Also useful for people who love languages and want to know where the words they use come from.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    2 iPod Touches and iPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecg■eow View Post
    Official Google Blog: Veni, Vidi, Verba Verti

I can think of two kinds of people who will love this Traditional Catholics and white-haired old ladies with horn-rimed glasses XD
    So-called "traditional Catholics" (whoever they are?) probably already know Latin.

And what does one's gender, age, hair color and style of glasses have to do with speaking Latin???

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Wow, Bob and Harry will be pleased, they can go back to their schooldays when they learned it....
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
    Wow, Bob and Harry will be pleased, they can go back to their schooldays when they learned it....
    Nuns with rulers still give me the chills to this day. T_T"
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

My experiences with nuns has been universally positive. The real ones, I mean, who don't wear pants suites and live in condos.

I noticed that the voice they're using is an italian one. That doesn't get the stress right. It also doesn't pronounce "ae" and "oe" correctly. espeak has a classical latin tts, but it's about as good as can be expected from an open source free tts.

Specs:
    MacBookAir5,2:10.9.5-MacMini3,1:10.9.5-iPhone6,1:8.4.1
    Sounds like some academics had too much free time.
    Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

Specs:
    2 iPod Touches and iPad
    And it got this one wrong --

"Illegitimi non carborundum"

That's because that's "dog latin" (not to be confused with pig latin) which is ill formed latin like you see in Harry Potter etc.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    "Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?"

Translate that Goggle!

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    "Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?"

Translate that Goggle!
    Done?

On the other hand was born and how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain, I will open a complete account of the moment, which is from Him explorer of the truth, and as a master builder of happy life, were said to you here. For no one is pleasure itself, because it is pleasure rejects, dislikes, or avoids, but because they follow the praising pain was born belongs to those who do not know how to pursue pleasure. Nor again is there anyone who loves pain itself, because it is pain, to obtain it would, but because it is rationally encounter consequences that toil and pain can procure him some great pleasure. To take a trivial example, which of us exercise because it is pain, but that it be some advantage from it consequences? But who has any right to find fault who are in the wish to enjoy a pleasure that has no annoying consequences, or one who avoids a pain that produces no resultant pleasure
    I have no idea what that's from so I can't verify the veracity of that but I'm sure the original doesn't have the same language issues.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    3.4ghz quad core ati 5850 graphics card 4GB ddr3 ram
    cool.
    Learning latin, honestly, easiest language to learn ever. Seriously, like 90% of english words are derived from it, so really easy to remember, and very easy to know.

Actually, if you if you include both french etymologies and words straight from Latin, it's around 60%. I think its quite a bit less if you ignore the words that came through french.

Also, the vast majority of words you use every day are of germanic origin (THIS DOES NOT MEAN ENGLISH COMES FROM GERMAN!!!!!!!!) English and German have a common root called proto-germanic which wasn't written.

Thread Information