Thread: What the ?

Specs:
    Model Name: Mac mini Model Identifier: Macmini3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
    What the ?
    I recently went to Apple forums and asked "Does anyone know or have an idea when Apple is going to update it's Java?" and this was there response:

saneman,

Thank you for your interest in Apple products. The Host Team members, like you, are excited to see what kinds of products Apple will release in the future; however speculation or rumors are not allowed under our terms of use (Apple - Support - Discussions - Help

). Your recent post, titled "Java," was speculative in nature and Apple therefore has removed it from Apple Discussions.

We hope that you enjoy your Apple purchases and we encourage you to keep Apple Discussions in mind if you have questions regarding any Apple product.

Kind regards,

Apple Discussions staff

Specs:
    Mac's
    I don't see what the problem is. The response was kind and spelled everything out.

Are you surprised that Apple doesn't want speculation or rumors discussed on their forum?

I'm sure you'll get more theories here at Mac-Forums where the discussions are condoned, but in the end it will all be conjecture and guesses.

Specs:
    Model Name: Mac mini Model Identifier: Macmini3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
    I get it
    I get that mate, but it just seemed like I'm not allowed to even question them. Oh well I guess I found my forum here. Hooray!! DON'T QUESTION ALMIGHTY APPLE!!

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    We usually don't delete posts here asking questions like that, but the answer is usually we have no idea.

Apple is very secretive about their product releases and no one really knows for sure when something will be released. Also this is Java and not Apple per see, so we would know even less when it will be out.

Since they were polite to you there and just did not remove your post without an explanation, I see no real issue with what they did. Since it's run by Apple, they are very strict on discussion of product releases.

Also, welcome to Mac Forums. If we can help in any way, just ask.

Specs:
    The only reason I asked...
    The only reason I even asked was Apple does its own java. Oh well.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by saneman View Post
    The only reason I even asked was Apple does its own java. Oh well.
    I think you are right about Java. Forgot all about that. Still like I said, Apple is very secretive about releases like that.

I for sure would tell you if I knew, but we are pretty much in the dark about when something will be released.

Sorry we can't be of more help with your question.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    May I ask what version of Java you're looking for? I just did a quick look here and I'm running 1.6.0_20. Is there something absolutely essential in update 21 that you need?
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    Some sights...
    some of the web pages I have gone to recently keep asking me to update. And now my Firefox is even asking me to. I guess it is not going to kill me to wait I was just wondering if anyone knew.

Specs:
    some of the web pages I have gone to recently keep asking me to update. And now my Firefox is even asking me to. I guess it is not going to kill me to wait I was just wondering if anyone knew.
    What version of Java do you currently have installed? Am up to date here and never get asked for a newer Java using either Firefox or Safari.

Specs:
    My current version is: application/x-java-applet;jpi-version=1.6.0_20 I know I am up to date I just found it odd Firefox thinks I am not.

Specs:
    3.4ghz quad core ati 5850 graphics card 4GB ddr3 ram
    Sometimes this is because of addons such as noscript running, make sure your letting things load properly, or run properly. Cant tell you how many times I've had to redo an application or survey because I had blocked the site.

Specs:
    Parallels
    Figured out why it was saying my Java was not up to date, I run parallels and it was finding my Firefox windows side was not up to date even though the Mac side was up to date.

Thread Information