New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

why use official apple shop?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jhon99

jhon99 is on a distinguished road

why do people buy their computers from official apple shop/ official apple site when you can buy the same item on Amazon saving around 10% ?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Apple products are one of those things where you don't usually see drastic reductions in other places..usually going back to the Apple refurbished store garners the best prices..

You can certainly buy from Amazon or MacMall..all of which are reputable places..

Regards
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Agreed with the above. Apple products usually are never on a big sale. Anywhere. SO if you see a 5%-10% cheaper price from a reputable place I'd take it. Just remember one thing. Apple have zero shipping fees on most of their products. Well they do they are just included in the price. Amazon might have extra shipping fees for your Apple product. So add on their shipping fees and then see who has the best deal.
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
Agreed with the above. Apple products usually are never on a big sale. Anywhere. SO if you see a 5%-10% cheaper price from a reputable place I'd take it. Just remember one thing. Apple have zero shipping fees on most of their products. Well they do they are just included in the price. Amazon might have extra shipping fees for your Apple product. So add on their shipping fees and then see who has the best deal.
If it is sold from amazon directly and not a 3rd party that sells through amazon, you can typically get free shipping. It will just take a bit longer as it falls under their "super saver" shipping. The other thing I do like about buying from amazon is that they don't charge sales tax.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattlike View Post
If it is sold from amazon directly and not a 3rd party that sells through amazon, you can typically get free shipping. It will just take a bit longer as it falls under their "super saver" shipping. The other thing I do like about buying from amazon is that they don't charge sales tax.
That's pretty much win for me. ^-^"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattlike View Post
Only within the US. For international shipping you always have to pay for it.
QUOTE Thanks
1991-C4

1991-C4 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2 iPod Touches and iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhon99 View Post
why do people buy their computers from official apple shop/ official apple site when you can buy the same item on Amazon saving around 10% ?
This may be true for computers, but iPads are running about 10% MORE on Amazon than what you can buy one for from Apple or BestBuy.
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

One thing I like about buying anything on Amazon is there A-Z Guarantee.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

The one thing I like about using my local Apple Store is the service and they have treated
me great and fixed a few things out of warranty so patronage has some advantages.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Digital Picture Frames! | Imagining An End Game For RIM »