Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Sep 17, 2010
    Posts
    11
    why use official apple shop?
    why do people buy their computers from official apple shop/ official apple site when you can buy the same item on Amazon saving around 10% ?

  2. #2

    Raz0rEdge's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 17, 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    8,542
    Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 6S, iPod Nano 7th GeniPad 3
    Apple products are one of those things where you don't usually see drastic reductions in other places..usually going back to the Apple refurbished store garners the best prices..

    You can certainly buy from Amazon or MacMall..all of which are reputable places..

    Regards

  3. #3


    Member Since
    Jan 27, 2007
    Location
    *Brisvegas*
    Posts
    5,658
    Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    Agreed with the above. Apple products usually are never on a big sale. Anywhere. SO if you see a 5%-10% cheaper price from a reputable place I'd take it. Just remember one thing. Apple have zero shipping fees on most of their products. Well they do they are just included in the price. Amazon might have extra shipping fees for your Apple product. So add on their shipping fees and then see who has the best deal.

  4. #4

    Mattlike's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 30, 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,611
    Specs:
    Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
    Quote Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
    Agreed with the above. Apple products usually are never on a big sale. Anywhere. SO if you see a 5%-10% cheaper price from a reputable place I'd take it. Just remember one thing. Apple have zero shipping fees on most of their products. Well they do they are just included in the price. Amazon might have extra shipping fees for your Apple product. So add on their shipping fees and then see who has the best deal.
    If it is sold from amazon directly and not a 3rd party that sells through amazon, you can typically get free shipping. It will just take a bit longer as it falls under their "super saver" shipping. The other thing I do like about buying from amazon is that they don't charge sales tax.

  5. #5

    CrimsonRequiem's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 24, 2008
    Posts
    6,004
    Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlike View Post
    If it is sold from amazon directly and not a 3rd party that sells through amazon, you can typically get free shipping. It will just take a bit longer as it falls under their "super saver" shipping. The other thing I do like about buying from amazon is that they don't charge sales tax.
    That's pretty much win for me. ^-^"
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

  6. #6


    Member Since
    Jan 27, 2007
    Location
    *Brisvegas*
    Posts
    5,658
    Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlike View Post
    If it is sold from amazon directly and not a 3rd party that sells through amazon, you can typically get free shipping. It will just take a bit longer as it falls under their "super saver" shipping. The other thing I do like about buying from amazon is that they don't charge sales tax.
    Only within the US. For international shipping you always have to pay for it.

  7. #7

    1991-C4's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 17, 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    343
    Specs:
    2 iPod Touches and iPad
    Quote Originally Posted by jhon99 View Post
    why do people buy their computers from official apple shop/ official apple site when you can buy the same item on Amazon saving around 10% ?
    This may be true for computers, but iPads are running about 10% MORE on Amazon than what you can buy one for from Apple or BestBuy.

  8. #8


    Member Since
    Oct 22, 2007
    Location
    Tampa , FL
    Posts
    1,957
    Specs:
    15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
    One thing I like about buying anything on Amazon is there A-Z Guarantee.

  9. #9

    osxx's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 19, 2008
    Location
    houston texas
    Posts
    4,695
    Specs:
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    The one thing I like about using my local Apple Store is the service and they have treated
    me great and fixed a few things out of warranty so patronage has some advantages.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Customers say Apple's online store has become less satisfying to shop
    By OneMoreThing... in forum Apple Rumors and Reports
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-28-2012, 10:17 AM
  2. Apple acquires HTML5 design shop Particle
    By OneMoreThing... in forum Apple Rumors and Reports
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-18-2012, 12:30 AM
  3. took my macbook to apple shop
    By arnolds bro in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 07:12 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 10:04 AM
  5. How to find the nearest apple service shop?
    By Hovestadt in forum Apple Notebooks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 03:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •