Apple Application Process
    Hello.

I'm new here and I need a bit of help. I hope this isn't against any rules. I did read them before posting.

Someone I know is trying to apply for the Apple store in Boston. So far, he's been the follow stages:

1. Hiring seminar
    2. Interview
    3. 2 minute vid on why he should be hired
    4. Another interview

We are wondering how many more stages there are, and how many people he's up against at this point. Has anyone been through something similar or does anyone know any info or tips that would be useful?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubella View Post
    Has anyone been through something similar or does anyone know any info or tips that would be useful?
    Try a site search...we've had at least two threads regarding this very topic in the past couple months.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
    Try a site search...we've had at least two threads regarding this very topic in the past couple months.

- Nick
    I did try a search, but didn't find anything of real use. It seems nobody has made a thread that far along the process. Most of them are just about resumes, or general questions about working there.

Oh, well. Thanks anyway.

Ok, where do people find out about these hiring fairs/seminars? I need a seasonal job!!

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneBillyX View Post
    Ok, where do people find out about these hiring fairs/seminars? I need a seasonal job!!
    Well, I just went to the initial seminar yesterday. I was contacted by an Apple Store manager via e-mail because I had applied online a couple of times before. Just go to apple.com/jobs/ and apply for all the positions you are interested in.

To answer part of the OP's questions, they basically bring in employees and managers from whatever stores are in your area or state. So they're hiring several positions at once and there was about 30 or 40 applicants in the room. You listen to some stuff about what it's like to work for Apple and watch a few short video presentations about the company and about working there. They ask a lot of questions so be prepared for those lame H.R. "When were you in this position and what did you do to resolve it?" questions. Ahh, I hate those! Most of all, show lots of energy and interest in Apple. You don't necessarily have to have experience with Macs or iPods, just an interest or passion for Apple as a company.

The seminar went well and I've been invited back for a second interview on Friday. They called me a couple of hours after the thing was over, which from what I've heard is pretty common.

I'll update on Friday if I get any further.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubella View Post
    I did try a search, but didn't find anything of real use. It seems nobody has made a thread that far along the process. Most of them are just about resumes, or general questions about working there.

Oh, well. Thanks anyway.
    What about this:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/any...re-hiring.html

...took me about 5 seconds to find!

- Nick
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Friday's interview went really well (or so I thought). Interviewed with 2 different managers for about 20 minutes each. One focused on job history and personality questions. The other focused on knowledge of technical specs/info. I got a lot of positive responses from both managers for almost all of my answers. I don't know - maybe I was just up against a lot of better-qualified individuals.
    Anyways, they say a "no" from Apple doesn't mean "no forever". I'll keep my job profile updated on their website and see what happens next time around. :/
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    Anyways, they say a "no" from Apple doesn't mean "no forever". I'll keep my job profile updated on their website and see what happens next time around. :/
    Congrats on giving it a shot! "Nothing tried...nothing gained" as they say.

Hopefully next time you'll get the position!

- Nick

Wow, I always wondered what people who became part of the Apple team had to go through to get there. Now I know....

Thread Information