New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Apple Application Process

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rubella

Rubella is on a distinguished road

Hello.

I'm new here and I need a bit of help. I hope this isn't against any rules. I did read them before posting.

Someone I know is trying to apply for the Apple store in Boston. So far, he's been the follow stages:

1. Hiring seminar
2. Interview
3. 2 minute vid on why he should be hired
4. Another interview

We are wondering how many more stages there are, and how many people he's up against at this point. Has anyone been through something similar or does anyone know any info or tips that would be useful?

Thanks for any help in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubella View Post
Has anyone been through something similar or does anyone know any info or tips that would be useful?
Try a site search...we've had at least two threads regarding this very topic in the past couple months.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Rubella

Rubella is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Try a site search...we've had at least two threads regarding this very topic in the past couple months.

- Nick
I did try a search, but didn't find anything of real use. It seems nobody has made a thread that far along the process. Most of them are just about resumes, or general questions about working there.

Oh, well. Thanks anyway.
QUOTE Thanks
TheOneBillyX

TheOneBillyX will become famous soon enough

Ok, where do people find out about these hiring fairs/seminars? I need a seasonal job!!
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBillyX View Post
Ok, where do people find out about these hiring fairs/seminars? I need a seasonal job!!
Well, I just went to the initial seminar yesterday. I was contacted by an Apple Store manager via e-mail because I had applied online a couple of times before. Just go to apple.com/jobs/ and apply for all the positions you are interested in.

To answer part of the OP's questions, they basically bring in employees and managers from whatever stores are in your area or state. So they're hiring several positions at once and there was about 30 or 40 applicants in the room. You listen to some stuff about what it's like to work for Apple and watch a few short video presentations about the company and about working there. They ask a lot of questions so be prepared for those lame H.R. "When were you in this position and what did you do to resolve it?" questions. Ahh, I hate those! Most of all, show lots of energy and interest in Apple. You don't necessarily have to have experience with Macs or iPods, just an interest or passion for Apple as a company.

The seminar went well and I've been invited back for a second interview on Friday. They called me a couple of hours after the thing was over, which from what I've heard is pretty common.

I'll update on Friday if I get any further.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubella View Post
I did try a search, but didn't find anything of real use. It seems nobody has made a thread that far along the process. Most of them are just about resumes, or general questions about working there.

Oh, well. Thanks anyway.
What about this:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/any...re-hiring.html

...took me about 5 seconds to find!

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Friday's interview went really well (or so I thought). Interviewed with 2 different managers for about 20 minutes each. One focused on job history and personality questions. The other focused on knowledge of technical specs/info. I got a lot of positive responses from both managers for almost all of my answers. I don't know - maybe I was just up against a lot of better-qualified individuals.
Anyways, they say a "no" from Apple doesn't mean "no forever". I'll keep my job profile updated on their website and see what happens next time around. :/

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
Anyways, they say a "no" from Apple doesn't mean "no forever". I'll keep my job profile updated on their website and see what happens next time around. :/
Congrats on giving it a shot! "Nothing tried...nothing gained" as they say.

Hopefully next time you'll get the position!

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks
B0yB0y

B0yB0y is an unknown at this point

Wow, I always wondered what people who became part of the Apple team had to go through to get there. Now I know....
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New London Apple store is world's biggest | Why don't we have reviews for Apple products? »