New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Devil

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TheOneBillyX

TheOneBillyX will become famous soon enough

Soooo, anybody going to watch Devil this Weekend? I'm probably not going to watch it although I'm always curious to hear how people respond to M. Night.

For some reason, I think the twist is going to be the people on the elevator are safe while the end of the world is happening on the outside.
QUOTE Thanks
Raymondash

Raymondash is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15"Macbook Pro,2.66GHz i7, 8GB DDR3, 256GB Solid State Drive//iPod touch//64GB 3G iPad,

Previews seemed interesting until they said it was PG13. Could be another Village.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

IMO, It looks like another weak attempt from Hollywood, trying to create something rivetting and original... Reminds me of Quarantine, but instead of some infectuous disease, it's the devil.

I generally wait for the movie to be released and rent it first. Theater prices are too high.. I took my ex on a date about a month ago, and it cost me almost $50 for the 2 of us to see some flick.. Rediculous!
QUOTE Thanks
Feniks80

Feniks80 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBillyX View Post
Soooo, anybody going to watch Devil this Weekend? I'm probably not going to watch it although I'm always curious to hear how people respond to M. Night.

For some reason, I think the twist is going to be the people on the elevator are safe while the end of the world is happening on the outside.
I think you're right about the twist being in the elevator, you see a room of people in one scene and in another just two. The previews do look good.
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

Quote:

I would, but I am headed to Green Bay for the Packer home opener instead. Yes, I know that is completely irrelevant. Go Pack!
QUOTE Thanks
TheOneBillyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio.Trench View Post
IMO, It looks like another weak attempt from Hollywood, trying to create something rivetting and original... Reminds me of Quarantine, but instead of some infectuous disease, it's the devil.

I generally wait for the movie to be released and rent it first. Theater prices are too high.. I took my ex on a date about a month ago, and it cost me almost $50 for the 2 of us to see some flick.. Rediculous!
Quarantine was actually the American version of REC so i wouldn't really say it's an attempt for Hollywood (and I really don't want to go into the whole; remaking debate). Actually, interesting enough, the zombies in REC are people possessed by demons.

But, $50 for two people. I hope your not talking about just the tickets.
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

I generally find M. Night's movies to be the epitome of Hollywood funded B movies. His writing is atrocious. It's never anything but transparent and childish, but you can't help but get sucked in when one hits your boob tube. It's classic "lemonade", all the time.

The Sixth Sense was great, though you'd have to be daft to not have seen the ending coming the way it did. Signs was entertaining, but that had more to do with how silly it was, and the characters being so benign throughout the whole thing. The Village was just pure crap through and through... but if it's on... and I don't know why... I'll watch it ?

That one with the fairy tale story, with the wolf and the water maiden.. I don't like it at all and will not watch it ever again. I actually loved Unbreakable. Thought it was M. Knights most mature work, an imagining of what a real super hero's life would be like. The Mark Whalberg one was just plain irritating and dumb.

But the one thing I can say for sure about ANY Knight flick, is that they're never worth going to a theater for. One day when I have the money and I build a house, a home theater is going in. And I don't mean a typical big screen tv.. I mean an actual projector screen and a top of the line theater setup complete with stadium seats. I HATE going to the movies. People are noisy, obnoxious and just inconsiderate.

The idiots at the candy manufacturer's still haven't made packaging that doesn't make noise every time you touch it, either. WTH is up with that ? "CRINKLE CRINKLE CRINKLE MSSHHSHHHH" Really ? And come on... I have to pay $5.00 or more for a freeging 16 oz bottle of WATER ? Water which technically should be free to begin with ? Sure, I'll pay for the packaging of it... but $5.00 ? I just bought a case of Smart Water, which is 12, 1 liter bottles, for that much at BJ's !

So um yeah... I'll wait until it goes DVD unless everybody says that it is a theater MUST SEE.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice

Quote:
Quarantine was actually the American version of REC so i wouldn't really say it's an attempt for Hollywood (and I really don't want to go into the whole; remaking debate). Actually, interesting enough, the zombies in REC are people possessed by demons.

But, $50 for two people. I hope your not talking about just the tickets.
Haha, I didn't mean to give off the debate-ative vibe! .. I knew it was a remake of REC (which I haven't seen, but heard was much better). I was just saying that Devil reminded me of the structure of Quarantine/REC.

And $50 was for 2 tickets, a 32oz soda, a large bag of popcorn, and a bag of Maynard's candy.. Yeah, a joke.

Typical adult-fare for non-3D movies is around $13.50.. 3D Movies cost anywhere between $15-$18 per ticket. Concessions are hugely inflated as well..

On top of that, something about the atmosphere of a theater triggers my anxiety and I get sent into a panic attack.. Same with restaurants like Montana's or AppleBee's, you know, those "classy" places..
QUOTE Thanks
TheOneBillyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio.Trench View Post
Typical adult-fare for non-3D movies is around $13.50.. 3D Movies cost anywhere between $15-$18 per ticket. Concessions are hugely inflated as well..

On top of that, something about the atmosphere of a theater triggers my anxiety and I get sent into a panic attack.. Same with restaurants like Montana's or AppleBee's, you know, those "classy" places..
That's not good. I think I know what you mean - some movie theaters are just.....weird; especially the ones at the mall full of tweens.

I sometimes drive 20-30mins away to go to a theater I like to avoid any bad atmospheres. The one with the wine bar and the comfy seats; it's awesome and so relaxing.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Yeah.. Malls do it for me too.. I feel so.. Weird when I'm there.. Like I shouldn't be.. I mean, I'm only 24, but I feel like I'm too old to be at a mall.

Which sucks, because that's where my cell phone provider is, so I have to go there if I need to deal with them.
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

Looks like mad suckage.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
Mattlike

Mattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really niceMattlike is just really nice
Mac Specs: Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

More interested in seeing The Town.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hello all! New here! | AHA! It was a big stunt… all of it! (Joaquin Phoenix) »