New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

AT&T Internet advice?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dauber

dauber is a jewel in the roughdauber is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04

Now, this isn't the typical AT&T question -- it has nothing to do with either my DSL account, phone services, or wireless...

I've been doing a little bit of tech support for a local handyman, and he called me last week and told me that some of his customers can't get to his web site. After some investigating, I came to this conclusion: his site for some reason is being blocked by AT&T, as only AT&T customers can't get to it; Comcast, Roadrunner, Verizon, etc. customers can get to it with no problem. It's not just my local geographic region, either -- I've had AT&T customers from other states tell me they couldn't get it.

Now...a traceroute proves that the hops do not go past AT&T's site, yet their tech support insists that it's not a problem on their end but on the host's end - even though the AT&T tech guy himself admitted he couldn't get to the site...however, it never even reaches the host's IP. AT&T gives me the runaround, and the host (1and1.com) insists it's not a problem on their end -- which I absolutely believe.

Any thoughts?? Anybody know of a way I can get to someone at AT&T who knows what they're talking about? (that is, aside from the usual customer service numbers listed on the web site?) Seriously, my customer is losing business over this, and I'm actually thinking of going to the local problem solving problems (this is Chicago we're talking about -- lots of readership) and see if that'll possibly get things going...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Just got back from "Up North" | Anyone else using Sprint? »