Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone here used an exercise ball as a chair?
    I'm thinking of switching from my office chair to an exercise ball when working on my computer, something like this:
    Natural Fitness Professional Burst-Resistant Exercise Ball - Red Rock (65cm) : Target

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm trying to figure out of I want to make this change, and if so, what ball to get.

Specs:
    15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
    LMAO!! Sorry, I had to laugh about this. I don't know why you would want to use an exercise ball instead of an office chair.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Umm that's going to be uncomfortable for sure. Especially after extended usage.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Moved. What has this to do with "Other Hardware...." ? Please read forum descriptions before posting.

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarek View Post
    LMAO!! Sorry, I had to laugh about this. I don't know why you would want to use an exercise ball instead of an office chair.
    Yes I know on the surface it seems sort of funny...but the idea is for people that sit & work at a desk all day...it's supposed to help strengthen muscles that get weak from doing all of the sitting (legs, back, etc.)....as well as helping with stability & balance.

I'm not saying it's for everyone...just explaining the concept.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3
    Yup a couple of people at our office use the exercise balls as their chairs..ends up forcing you to keep a proper posture..

Regards

So, has anyone on this list used it? I tend to slouch when working on the computer and I figure it might be useful

Specs:
    13.3" Macbook Pro 2.26, 4GB Ram, 160GB HD, WD 2TB, 24" ACD. iPad 64GB 3G. iPhone 4 32GB Unlocked.
    I tried the large exercise ball as a chair in my office for a while, there is actually a stand for them that sort of cradles the ball so when you get up it doesn't roll away. However, after a while you'll notice the ball doesn't stay firm and needs to be reinflated often. The other downfall is it is a rubber ball and can pop if you are not careful. I ended up popping mine as I forgot something in my back pocket when I sat down.

The very same day I popped mine, I went out to find a viable replacement. Big money later I came back with a Swopper Swopper - Active sitting for a healthy back They are expensive as heck but it's easily the most comfortable chair I've ever owned.

Shawn

Specs:
    iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
    After recently experiencing lower back pain myself, i too were looking into this ball option, but in the end favored the kneeling chair, with lower leg support.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 13"
    I would use a normal chair, but workout and go to the gym. Solved many of my problems.

Yes I know on the surface it seems sort of funny...but the idea is for people that sit & work at a desk all day...it's supposed to help strengthen muscles that get weak from doing all of the sitting (legs, back, etc.)....as well as helping with stability & balance.

- Nick
    It sounds more like a get healthy quick scheme. You'll probably use it for a couple of days, then get tired of it, and then switch back to a regular chair while your exercise ball goes on craigslist.

Specs:
    MBP 15"matt, 2.8GHz, 500GB, 4GB RAM

Specs:
    Sooper Fast!
    Dwight did. Jim popped it though.
    Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
    Capitol Sound Blog

Specs:
    2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonik View Post
    I didn't realized that happened to Leo. He still uses the ball chair so I guess he sees some kind of benefit in having a chair like that.

Sitting all day in front of the computer or for general office work does require a good chair. I've used several different chairs myself and still have yet to find a perfect one. I'm interested to hear all the suggestions that worked for others.

Specs:
    Custom PC
    Quote Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post

- Nick
    I can vouche for this, as I work in a call center, sitting at a computer for 8+ hours a day.. The chairs we have offer nothing in terms of comfort or ergonomics..

This seems like a good idea to me!

Thread Information