New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

This Makes Me LOL

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: mid 2011 Mac mini - 10.10.1

So today, after posting a few updates about Apple on facebook, I was asked:

Why is everything about Apple?

This was my reply:

Quote:
I'm what they call an Apple evangelist. (Apple prefers consultant). There's just something about using Apple products that an average consumer just doesn't get using anything else out there- whether it is a Windows PC or a cheap mp3 player. It is hard to pinpoint- it could be the design, it could be the user experience- it also could be that Apple doesn't make cheap consumer electronics. I know, not everybody likes the idea of Apple- and some frankly probably don't care that they don't get it either, but I'm not going into that.

Really though- Apple is changing the world more than Microsoft is now. Apple has a higher net market worth, Apple has a dominance in music players, music sales and mobile device sales- more than any other company. When you make products that literally change the playing field, it is hard to not get noticed. And that is why I am all for Apple. It may not last long another 30 years from now, but right now though, it's the big thing.

Think this is a valid reason?

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.1.2
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.1.2
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.10.1
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10.1
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

You could have just said "Because I'm an unabashed Apple fanboy" and they would have gotten the point in a much more concise manner

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
You could have just said "Because I'm an unabashed Apple fanboy" and they would have gotten the point in a much more concise manner
True true. But I like to spell it out sometimes and leave people something worthwhile to read.

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris H. View Post
True true. But I like to spell it out sometimes and leave people something worthwhile to read.
I just re-read that and I'm not sure it came out as it was intended - I didn't mean it to be snarky at all. Just a gentle-natured ribbing from what some would call another Apple fanboy

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
I just re-read that and I'm not sure it came out as it was intended - I didn't mean it to be snarky at all. Just a gentle-natured ribbing from what some would call another Apple fanboy
LOL. No harm done.

QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

"Lord Jobs will smite the unbelievers so I want to be on the right side of the Apple when judgement day comes".

That would have worked just as fine as an answer to that question.
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
"Lord Jobs will smite the unbelievers so I want to be on the right side of the Apple when judgement day comes".

That would have worked just as fine as an answer to that question.
Yes! +1

QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Eventually the "Evangelist" thing gets old. I went through it back in the 90s and spent much time in the Newsgroups and BBS systems fighting the good fight when it looked like Apple would fold up. After a while, you realize your not going to change some people and you calm down. I don't evangalize much anymore, outsidfe of sites like this, but I have slowley converted any number of my friends and co-worker to Apple products by simply showing them some of the cool things the products do and how well they integrate with each other.

Sometimes its hard to understand why Apple does things the way they do and why they are unwilling to admit they just might have made a mistake. When you start having that problem I reccomend educating yourself not just on Apple as a whole but Steve Jobs in particular. There are any number of well written books that talk about the history of both and explain why they are, at heart, one and the same. This explains a LOT about Apple as they move foreward.

Some of my favorites are:

Amazon.com: Insanely Great: The Life and Times of Macintosh, the Computer That Changed Everything (9780140291773): Steven Levy: Books

Amazon.com: Return to the Little Kingdom: How Apple and Steve Jobs Changed the World (9781590202814): Michael Moritz: Books

Amazon.com: Apple Confidential 2.0: The Definitive History of the World's Most Colorful Company (0689145701005): Owen Linzmayer, Owen W. Linzmayer: Books

Amazon.com: The Second Coming of Steve Jobs (9780767904339): Alan Deutschman: Books

Amazon.com: The Cult of Mac (Paperback edition) (9781593271220): Leander Kahney: Books

Amazon.com: Revolution in the Valley: The Insanely Great Story of How the Mac Was Made (9780596007195): Andy Hertzfeld: Books

Amazon.com: On the Firing Line: My 500 Days at Apple (9780887309199): Gil Amelio, William Simon: Books

and my 2 personal all time favorites:

Amazon.com: Infinite Loop (9780385486842): Michael Malone: Books

Amazon.com: Apple: The Inside Story of Intrigue, Egomania, and Business Blunders (9780788190681): Jim Carlton: Books

Enjoy.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Major Corporations Are Downloading Those 100 Million Facebook Profiles off BitTorrent | Finding iPhoto folders through iFinder »