New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Hello!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dmordigal

dmordigal is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

I'm dmordigal (you can call me David or Dave, either is fine). I just joined the forums and I'm looking forward to hopefully making good friends on here and socializing with a Mac community and fellow Apple lovers!

I'm currently saving up for a MacBook so I should be getting it somewhat soon. I need it before high school graduation because I want to go into Apple software engineering as a career and I should have some programming experience so I don't go into college completely clueless, since I basically grew up with PCs.
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Hello Dave,
Welcome to M-F!
Good luck with the saving, it can be exciting as you slowly reach the final dollar goal.

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Hello Dave...

/HAL

Haha! Welcome aboard! I'm sure you'll find this a nice place.. Considering I've been here for almost 5 years, so that should say something!
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

Welcome. Don't be a stranger!
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmordigal View Post
I'm currently saving up for a MacBook so I should be getting it somewhat soon.
Hi Dave, and welcome. When you get that MacBook, you know where to turn for answers.
QUOTE Thanks
willmeahl4

willmeahl4 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.

Welcome
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Welcome
QUOTE Thanks
JGelks2007

JGelks2007 is on a distinguished road

Welcome Dave, I'm pretty new here myself.
QUOTE Thanks
amberdc26

amberdc26 is on a distinguished road

Welcome Dave! Welcome to me too.. I'm new here, hope to make friends with you guys.

-Amber
xoxo
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Hello Dave and others. Welcome aboard.

Numerous HAL-related references come to mind but i'll keep those to myself for now. lol.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
EndlessMac

EndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the roughEndlessMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs

Hi Dave and Amber. Welcome to the forum! Feel free to socialize and ask questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
Numerous HAL-related references come to mind but i'll keep those to myself for now. lol.
I was waiting for someone to make a comment but it seems like you were the first to point it out.
QUOTE Thanks
TheOneBillyX

TheOneBillyX will become famous soon enough

You know, I been here for a couple of weeks and never got a welcome guess that's my own fault

(any pity, late, welcomes for me?)
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Welcome Dave, And Amber .....

Great place to ....... Oh heck and you too Billy As i was saying great place for the answers to any your Mac problems and more. Enjoy read answer and MacOut

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Hello and welcome to Mac-Forums, Dave. You made the right choice of buying a MacBook as well as coming here. We're all like a family, and I sure hope you enjoy your stay here.

Congratulations and welcome to the family.
QUOTE Thanks
TheOneBillyX

TheOneBillyX will become famous soon enough

Haha, thanks TattooedMac

Oh and where are my manners, welcome Dave and Amber
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Hello | Hurricane Season... »