Thread: Pirahna 3D

Specs:
    IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
    Pirahna 3D
    Yes I actually went to see this last night in 3D with my 18yr old son..... I can actually say i feel dumber than I did entering the theater....

Only good part was nude Co-eds in 3D

Save your 14.00 Ticket trust me here lol

Specs:
    iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.
    Well at least you got to spend some time with your boy.
    And don't worry, I NEVER pay to see the junk released in theaters these days. I just wait for the free network premiers, and I still get mad that I wasted my time.

Specs:
    13" Unibody Macbook Pro, Iphone 4 16G
    Not gonna lie, every time I see the "special" effects and plot of that movie it makes me laugh, looks like the biggest piece of crab 3D movie out yet

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Never will I pay to see this. The original is a classic, and this looks dross.
    If you ever get chance, see Piranha 2 - Flying Fish - it was James Camerons directorial debut (though he denies it now) and is so bad it's good.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Specs:
    Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
    The funny thing is, that it has a pretty good rating over on RT.

Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    It's my belief that if a movie has to go the 3D route, there's no way on earth it's worth spending money on (for me) because I like a good story. Effects are totally secondary to a good plot, story, character development etc..

I also NEVER trust anybody's reviews, consumer OR critic. How can I ? Avatar was the highest grossing film of its nature which tells me one thing: People are idiots. Avatar has to be one of the most embarrassingly awful movies to have been produced and released in the history of films. Yet people eat that crap up with a spoon.

Now here's quite the opposite and not exactly a contradiction but.. also proves a point: The movie "UP". This was a fantastic movie IMO and the 3D did nothing to take away from it, and only served to enhance it. You could very easily watch UP in 2D and enjoy it just as much. That says a lot.

Did you actually think that Piranha would be anything but a made for WHT (remember WHT?) Tuesday night B-Film? The premise and commercials alone scare me.
    Side note: Co-Ed boobies in 3D FTW !

doug

Specs:
    MacBook Pro, iTouch, iPod
    It looks like a bad spin-off of "Jaws" to me. So I haven't bothered to see it.

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
    It's my belief that if a movie has to go the 3D route, there's no way on earth it's worth spending money on (for me) because I like a good story. Effects are totally secondary to a good plot, story, character development etc..
    Am with you all the way on this one Doug

Now here's quite the opposite and not exactly a contradiction but.. also proves a point: The movie "UP". This was a fantastic movie IMO and the 3D did nothing to take away from it, and only served to enhance it. You could very easily watch UP in 2D and enjoy it just as much. That says a lot.
    It was awesome to watch in 2D. And i have followed it up about 10 times since (mind you is because my 7yr old boy loves it) .. It has to be one of the movies of the past few years for me .... Pity i dont know French as i think it would have been good to watch it in its native language. "cloudy With a chance of Meatballs as well .....
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
    Am with you all the way on this one Doug

It was awesome to watch in 2D. And i have followed it up about 10 times since (mind you is because my 7yr old boy loves it) .. It has to be one of the movies of the past few years for me .... Pity i dont know French as i think it would have been good to watch it in its native language. "cloudy With a chance of Meatballs as well .....
    I love Cloudy... such a funny and original film, complete wacked out too.
    I disagree about Avatar, I think visually it's amazing, but the story could have been better, it's still a groundbreaking film.

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Specs:
    iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.
    Cloudy With a chance of Meatballs... I remember that one from an episode of reading rainbow.

Specs:
    27" iMac, 4GB, 1TB HDD, quad-core
    Oh this movie was great!

I went in thinking it was going to suck but I was truly impressed.

I guess you have to be a teenager to understand

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by bradders View Post
    Oh this movie was great!

I went in thinking it was going to suck but I was truly impressed.

I guess you have to be a teenager to understand
    You only liked the nude girls
    Get yourself a copy of the original.

Really? The community is 50/50 on Piranha 3D?

I enjoyed the film - I mean, I wasn't expecting Inception with Killer Fish but it was fun and a throwback to old-school B grade horror movie films.

Thread Information