New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Favorite Superhero/hero from comic books or graphic novels?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

audiofader

audiofader is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.5GHz i5, 4GB RAM

Personal favorite is V from V for Vendetta.

Move the crowd,
Audiofader
QUOTE Thanks
Zeptogram

Zeptogram is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: BlackBook 2 GHz 2GB RAM 120GB HDD

Countless and countless comic babes... They may not be the real heros, but I'm a sucker for a nice comic gal...
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

I always liked The Pitt.

I'm reading The Walking Dead right now. It's about zombies, but there's not your typical super hero in those books.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Iron Man
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Herbie the Fat Fury!

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
willmeahl4

willmeahl4 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20' 2Ghz C2D, Macbook 13' 2.26 Ghz C2D, 2x iPhone 3gs (mine and the wife's), and some iPods.

I know this won't win me any friends, but I've always felt the be all end all is Superman.
Just something about the fact that he puts on a costume to be Clark Kent.
QUOTE Thanks
johnmecs1

johnmecs1 is on a distinguished road

Batman would probaably be the first after Superman. Both old school and work together sometimes.
QUOTE Thanks
kman445

kman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.66GHz Core2Duo // 15" Macbook Pro2.53GHz Core2Duo

iron man. coolest of them all. Plus he's just like batman, a super rich guy with a suit

"I asked who i am to her, and she yelled god"
QUOTE Thanks
SweetCosmicPope

SweetCosmicPope has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5

V from V for Vendetta.

However, I am also quite fond of Wolverine, Spiderman, Cap, and Rorshach. Anything Alan Moor has had his hands in has rocked my socks, btw.

"That's Peter Graves scat! I'd know it anywhere!"
QUOTE Thanks
Clueless

Clueless is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Blackbook, iPod Video, iPod Nano Chrome 16gig

Hey,
Any of you guys know where in the UK might stock some comic book/graphic novels.
I really like the idea of them. I used to love the TV shows and movies we've had over here, and I'd like to see where it all came from (if that makes sense?)
If I believe what I see in 'The Big Bang Theory', the US has 'comic book stores' - something that I've not come across in the UK, so I'm wondering if you have any ideas?
Cheers

You just lost The Game!
QUOTE Thanks
audiofader

audiofader is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.5GHz i5, 4GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetCosmicPope View Post
V from V for Vendetta.

However, I am also quite fond of Wolverine, Spiderman, Cap, and Rorshach. Anything Alan Moor has had his hands in has rocked my socks, btw.
NICE! I'm a huge fan of the whole V for Vendetta story!

Move the crowd,
Audiofader
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Hey,
Any of you guys know where in the UK might stock some comic book/graphic novels.
I really like the idea of them. I used to love the TV shows and movies we've had over here, and I'd like to see where it all came from (if that makes sense?)
If I believe what I see in 'The Big Bang Theory', the US has 'comic book stores' - something that I've not come across in the UK, so I'm wondering if you have any ideas?
Cheers
Check online.

Comixology also has an app that will let you purchase and read online.

Anywasy, I find the general DC & Marvel universe typically boring. Everything is pretty much predictable and after so long, it's like all the ideas are rehashes. If you want something different, check out some newer stuff from Top Cow, Image, etc... or other different things. Sandman is an older series that is phenomenal. In fact, Neil Gaiman went on to become a very good novelist.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
Derp

Derp is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1 crappy eMac, 1 broken eMac, 1 iPod Nano, 1 failing MacBook

Bah. Those are all pretty good, but nothing when compared to the greatest: The Merc with a Mouth, Deadpool. Such an awesome and hilarious "hero". But I've also become rather partial to the Flash as well.
QUOTE Thanks
SweetCosmicPope

SweetCosmicPope has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
Hey,
Cheers
We do have comic shops in the states. I know of half a dozen in the Houston area. Probably alot more that I don't know about...

If you want to just order some graphic novels, though, to catch up (rather than collect the first run comics), you can get them at most book stores and on amazon.

"That's Peter Graves scat! I'd know it anywhere!"
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
I always liked The Pitt.

I'm reading The Walking Dead right now. It's about zombies, but there's not your typical super hero in those books.
Nice. How are you liking it ? Shameless plug ahoy! :

My buddy Jeff is the creator/writer/illustrator of One Live Beast Very talented gent.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Paypal fund holds | next best thing in hd »