Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    iMe
    London got bombed!!!!
    http://news.com.com/At+least+45+die+...l?tag=nefd.top

This is really sad news. Apparently, 4 bombs were blasted through the streets of London. The first one was on a double-decker bus. (I think....) I feel so bad for the 45 people who died in the blast.
    Please post your thought here.

--------- Incoming Moderator Message --------------
    Notice: This thread is only to be used to discuss the recent events that have transpired in the fair city if London. All other discussion that was previously posted here was moved to a thread named Terrorists strike again.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Specs:
    Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
    London Mayer Ken Livingstone speaking to terrorists: "I know that you personally do not fear to give your own life in exchange to taking others ... but I know you do fear you may fail in your long-term objective to destroy our free society ... whatever you do, however many you kill, you will fail."

To all our UK members... Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
    "If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    My dad is in his london office across the street from the aldgate station. They are currently in lockdown with all the blinds closed because of the body parts in the streets. Police have taken over the first floor of the office as a base
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

shahid
    Quote Originally Posted by iMe
    http://news.com.com/At+least+45+die+...l?tag=nefd.top

This is really sad news. Apparently, 4 bombs were blasted through the streets of London. The first one was on a double-decker bus. (I think....) I feel so bad for the 45 people who died in the blast.
    Please post your thought here.
    Yes, an absolutely appalling & cowardly act of terrorism. According to current reports here, 33 are confirmed dead at present.

My sister works for london transport police in london, i've called my brother in london who say's she's ok, but haven't spoken to her myself yet.

I was on my way back from birmingham this morning when i heard the news from other passengers on the train.

Al Qaeda have apparently claimed responsibilty, but the authorities cannot confirm this at the moment.
    And they are being very careful about pointing the finger at any particular organisation or group, because they obviously need hard facts first.

But i just heard an 'unknown group' have also claimed responsibilty.
    So who really knows at this stage?

All we can do at the moment is pray for those that have lost their lives and their families.

Shahid

Specs:
    MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
    The death toll is somewhere around 35 at the moment I believe, it was 6 explosions in the London Underground and 1 on a bus. Everyone is acting surprisingly calmly about it and the emergency services couldn't have dealt with it better in my opinion.

Specs:
    Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000
    I hope everyone on this forum, as well as their friends and family, are alright. I'm just glad a few of my mates that work at Moorgate and Russell Square missed the explosions by literally a couple of minutes. One was walking out of Russell Square and felt a rumbling, as well as another getting stuck over at King's Cross. I guess it won't be until tomorrow that I'll be able to get into town. Take care fellow Londoners.

Specs:
    12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
    Londoners are tough! If Hitler dropping bombs from planes 60 years ago couldn't stop them then these terrorists certainly wont.

Thoughts and prayers for all.

badmojo
    Despicable act of cowardice. My thoughts and prayers go out to all Londoners, especially to the families of the victims.

Specs:
    Mac no more - Sony Vaio FZ4000
    Quote Originally Posted by edgefusion
    The death toll is somewhere around 35 at the moment I believe, it was 6 explosions in the London Underground and 1 on a bus. Everyone is acting surprisingly calmly about it and the emergency services couldn't have dealt with it better in my opinion.
    It was only 4 bombs, which has been confirmed. Three of them were on the Underground, and of those, two were between stations, so people were reporting explosions from both stations. The fourth was on a bus.

The only thing that I would suggest to all is not to speculate and/or accuse until all information has been revealed. Unfortunately, London is not new to terrorist attacks, but as you said, they are doing a fantastic job here dealing with it all.

Specs:
    1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
    My deapest condolences to all of the families of Londoners who lost their lives in this despicable act. Sadly, Europe has had to fight terrorists "at home" much more than us in the United States. From what I am reading, emergency workers are doing a fantastic job "picking up the pieces." Those are the real heros of modern times.

Specs:
    Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
    My prayers go out to those families whom lost a special loved one.

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    The are no word, I can express on how feel about this act.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
    that sucks....

zap2
    god bless, god bless, our hearts our with u

Specs:
    ibook G4 14in
    my thoughts and prayers to all those affected by this tragedy.

my apple is bling *tisk tisk, you shouldn't have any bling.. just nice things*

Thread Information