New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

bigdeal.com legit?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Qua Sar

Qua Sar is on a distinguished road

hello,
I recently tried a online penny auction called bigdeal.com. I won an item and I am wondering if anyone else here has won oon this site and if it was legit or i should expect to be screwed over and prepare.
QUOTE Thanks
rifleman1990

rifleman1990 is on a distinguished road

I haven't heard of it. Many penny auction sites are scams, though, so you may want to beware.

Proud PC owner.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

Penny auctions aren't scams, but they can make the unsuccessful bidder feel like they have been scammed. The majority of people who use it don't understand what they are even doing. You pay for each bid regardless if you win or lose. So, an ipad might sell to the successful bidder for about 70-130 bucks, but there might also be 20 other people bidding that much for it. With each person bidding that much, and having to pay for each bid a certain amount, which is a set $ per bid, you can imagine the huge profits the companies make. Scam? No. Huge profits? YES! Will costumers come back? NOPE! That's why you see these companies coming and going like flies!

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple fans - Favorite product? | Help me understand kindles please »