New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

HP Board made worst personnel decision since Apple Board idiots fired Steve Jobs

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Ellison on Hurd: HP Board made worst personnel decision since Apple Board idiots fired Steve Jobs

MacDailyNews - Ellison on Hurd: HP Board made worst personnel decision since Apple Board idiots fired Steve Jobs
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Larry Ellison no less....

Well, I am sure some other company will snap him up, their loss. They were obviously looking for any excuse to get rid of him, for whatever reason....

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen View Post
Larry Ellison no less....

Well, I am sure some other company will snap him up, their loss. They were obviously looking for any excuse to get rid of him, for whatever reason....
Good point, Talk about a hatchet job with the desperate expense report excuse. I agree someone had it out for him. Larry Ellison' statement was well said. I never owned a HP product nor did I plan on it, But they seemed to be gaining popularity.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

What I'm wondering is why in the world is Steve Ballmer still the CEO when MSFT has really plummeted since he took over??? Larry will find a new job real quick.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
What I'm wondering is why in the world is Steve Ballmer still the CEO when MSFT has really plummeted since he took over??? Larry will find a new job real quick.
It's kind of hard to fire the guy who was Bill Gates' room mate at Harvard (along with Paul Allen). BTW, all three are Billionaires.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargsbeer View Post
Good point, Talk about a hatchet job with the desperate expense report excuse. I agree someone had it out for him. Larry Ellison' statement was well said. I never owned a HP product nor did I plan on it, But they seemed to be gaining popularity.
Seriously, guys? HP laptops have a higher failure rate over 3 years than any other laptop manufacturer. 25.6% failure rate over 3 years, and apparently the guy was a total douche. Let him be fired.
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargsbeer View Post
Seriously, guys? HP laptops have the highest failure rate over 3 years than any other laptop manufacturer. 25.6% failure rate over 3 years, and apparently the guy was a total douche. Let him be fired.

Laptop-Reliability Study Highlights the Most Sturdy Laptop Makers
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

I don't totally agree on the credibility of that article you just linked. It is missing a lot of information. But even if HP's were in the randge of 15%-20% that's still rather bad. That's at least 1 in 6 to 1 in 4 at 25% failure rate. And I don't care if it's a sticker came off and left too much glue on the case or if it is a dead drive or pixel. They really need to make a product that lasts longer before needing to be repaired.

And you can say what about the idiot factor. Of people who don't know how to look after a windows/linux laptop. HP should be aware of these kind of people and make the hardware idiot proof for a few years at least. And if those numbers are to believed (which I find hard to do) then even Apple's number is way to high for my liking. Sure Apple have Apple care which deals with all of the issues. But for me a better longer lasting product always makes more revenue then having to continually fix poorly made ones.
QUOTE Thanks
ipodmacfan

ipodmacfan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestRitual View Post
Seriously, guys? HP laptops have the highest failure rate over 3 years than any other laptop manufacturer. 25.6% failure rate over 3 years, and apparently the guy was a total douche. Let him be fired.

Laptop-Reliability Study Highlights the Most Sturdy Laptop Makers
I totally disagree with this. Toshiba laptops appear to be at the low end of the spectrum in that graph and I can definitely say that I believe them to have the poorest build quality of all the major manufacturers and VERY frequently fail.

Currently Own: iPhone 4 16GB/iPod Nano 5G 16GB/Macbook Pro 2010 13"/iPad 64GB 3G
QUOTE Thanks
SweetCosmicPope

SweetCosmicPope has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5

I've actually loved my HP computers at the house. They've been incredibly reliable and well-built, and I've had zero problems as long as hardware is concerned. Not a big fan of HP software center, however.

Considering the were windows machines, they ran like a well-oiled machine. One is a linux machine, now, and it runs even better.

"That's Peter Graves scat! I'd know it anywhere!"
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

The last HP (subsequently Compaq) product I've owned- the battery failed. The replacement battery failed. The touchpad had bad drivers (and updating those drivers caused a blue screen)- all on a Vista machine.

The last HP I knew in my house that ran for the longest time was a heavyweight 15" Pavilion, light lavendar/blue color. It had a 3.06 GHz Intel Pentium (if my memory serves me correctly) and ran XP. Used that laptop to its eventual death (the power module on the back of the motherboard lost its soldering, rendering the thing useless- the second motherboard lost its soldering after three weeks, the first board- after six years). Dad has since replaced it twice with two Dells and an Acer.

Me, I went to the Mac because I needed a computer that ran better and put me in a peaceful state of mind when I used it. (Plus, these forums have eased my mind about problems that I normally worried about on Windows).

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.0.2
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.0.2
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.5
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB4
QUOTE Thanks
cptkrf

cptkrf is a jewel in the roughcptkrf is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 2013, MacMini,2013, Intel Core i7, 16gb, 27" Thunderbolt display (Highly recommended!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
Ellison on Hurd: HP Board made worst personnel decision since Apple Board idiots fired Steve Jobs

MacDailyNews - Ellison on Hurd: HP Board made worst personnel decision since Apple Board idiots fired Steve Jobs
Actually, you can't unwind history as though it were a single thread into the past. If Jobs hadn't been let go, for whatever reason, he would probably not have discovered the benefits of UNIX, started NEXT, and then brought that OS back to Apple as the foundation for OSX.

We would now still be on some Apple built OS like the bad old days. At least you might be. I would still be using Linux.
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodmacfan View Post
I totally disagree with this. Toshiba laptops appear to be at the low end of the spectrum in that graph and I can definitely say that I believe them to have the poorest build quality of all the major manufacturers and VERY frequently fail.
Believe what you want. A 1000 count sample size is pretty decent. My mother's HP laptop has been in for 5 repairs in 4 years, and the last repair still left it bricked. Every time I have a customer who tells me that they're buying a new laptop because their last one died, I always ask, "What kind was it?" 7 times out of 10, the response I get is, "HP." A lot of this is due to their large market share, but a lot of this is also due to the fact that HP laptops are known to overheat frequently.
QUOTE Thanks
alexsd123

alexsd123 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestRitual View Post
Believe what you want. A 1000 count sample size is pretty decent. My mother's HP laptop has been in for 5 repairs in 4 years, and the last repair still left it bricked. Every time I have a customer who tells me that they're buying a new laptop because their last one died, I always ask, "What kind was it?" 7 times out of 10, the response I get is, "HP." A lot of this is due to their large market share, but a lot of this is also due to the fact that HP laptops are known to overheat frequently.
What do you expect from the biggest computer manufacturer? No one is going to have problems with Asus, because no one owns one (very little).

Some people may have good experiences, some may have bad. I have had more repairs on my MacBook Pro than my HP, does that mean Apple makes bad products? No.
QUOTE Thanks
morani

morani is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.66GHz, 4-GB DDR3, 500-GB HD, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

I have bad experience with HP product. Malfunction after 2 years.

think differently
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help me understand kindles please | mp3 file renaming software? »