New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

stealthee

stealthee is on a distinguished road

Well everyone my names Darick, I am a long tim Linux user, I tend to use Windows for Video Edting (Avid Media Composer)

Well im looking into getting an old g3 or g4 and I want to set up Final Cut Pro 4 on it (i got it as a Tv Production Student some years ago) and Well I never bothered to install it, because render time was slow.

But seeing as I am now getting ready to go back to school for video editing I guess I might as well set up a system and get it ready. Altho I know there up to like FCP 7 now or something but something will be better then nothing ya know?

Anyhow I have been using macs since i was very young in school, so im familier with the general gui.

Anyhow im just posting this to introduce myself idk if its in the right spot.

A little more about me, My names Darick I live in Holiday/Tampa, Florida im 23, and I probably call alot fo users here from my work (Vista Services/Vista Marketing) offering $120 in gas Rebates for trying out 2 discount programs lol.
QUOTE Thanks
stealthee

wow so no welcomes no nothing?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Whatta do you want...a big bear hug...or a sloppy wet kiss from a middle-aged old fart!

Welcome,

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
stealthee

Bear Hug will work, lol.Squeeze the windows user outta me :-P
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Welcome aboard!!

Only way I can think to "squeeze the Windows user out of you" is send you 100 Virus's and 1000 pieces of Malware and hope that drives you over the edge to the Mac side! Grin.

I have a close friend who loves to download illegal movies via torrent. Well the last one he got was a fake with a nasty Codec that gave his computer so many Virus's and Malware that no app could find them all. I had to manually fix it for him. Took days but the data was very important. No way to even copy anything as everything was locked. You could not even open any application to help find the darn malware! Got it all fixed for him and he lost nothing or his important files, but what a pain!

I won't send you any malware of course, but if you have any questions about Macs or OSX, ask away and I am sure someone will jump in and help you out.
QUOTE Thanks
stealthee

lol, I download alot of Movies myself, butI use Nod32 antivrus and its GREAT. So I dont really get viruses. And anything that I may be suspicious of, I download on my Linux Ubuntu Machine hahaha.

But that's still funny tho, But yea My computer is a very important that it doesnt get messed up lol.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac of All Trades | Great Song »