New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

A very nice switching story

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Read this first.
A Month of Mac
That is a guy contemplating switching.

And then read this.
The Mac Won Me Over
This is the result of him trying to switch.

Sure there is a lot of switching stories on the net. But this one is short and nice.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Very cool and well-written. I think the more tech-savvy a person is, the more they will appreciate and understand OS X.
Thanks for posting this.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
Very cool and well-written. I think the more tech-savvy a person is, the more they will appreciate and understand OS X.
Thanks for posting this.
You don't have to understand something fully to appreciate it. That's just me though. ^-^"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
Thanks for posting this.
I think OS X is an exception to this rule. The OS is sleek east to use + integrates with all the other Apple apps like ilife for the average person and has terminal for the tech-minded people. So it caters to the best of both worlds. Very few other products do this as well as OS X.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
You don't have to understand something fully to appreciate it. That's just me though. ^-^"
Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
I think OS X is an exception to this rule. The OS is sleek east to use + integrates with all the other Apple apps like ilife for the average person and has terminal for the tech-minded people. So it caters to the best of both worlds. Very few other products do this as well as OS X.
Maybe I didn't word it exactly right, but I was making an observation that I guess I just can't quite convey accurately.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ballmer (and Microsoft) still doesn't get the iPad | Hey Guys! Im New Here! »