New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

PC users are funny

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Ok I just laughed harder 5 minutes than I have in my entire life.

I have a 13inch Aluminum Unibody 2GB 160GB HD Mint condition I have it listed on Craigslist, I just got a call from a woman with a 2 year Dell Laptop that had a hard drive issue and she actually wanted to trade me for it.... lol

I wasn't even insulted, I honestly thought it hilarious.

I just don't get it....... anyway I had to share that,
QUOTE Thanks
DarkestRitual

DarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really niceDarkestRitual is just really nice
Mac Specs: 13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

roflcopter
QUOTE Thanks
torbjoern

torbjoern will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 13" Ultimate (2010)

I have also gotten strange enquiries from people at Craigslist. I listed a $700 Sony Ericsson mobile phone to the price of $350 (mint condition). One person asked if I would accept $75 and an iPod nano. What made him think that I wanted a 1st gen iPod nano so badly that I would credit him $275 for it?

Better lose a bar on the iPhone 4 than losing an iPhone 4 in the bar.
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by torbjoern View Post
I have also gotten strange enquiries from people at Craigslist. I listed a $700 Sony Ericsson mobile phone to the price of $350 (mint condition). One person asked if I would accept $75 and an iPod nano. What made him think that I wanted a 1st gen iPod nano so badly that I would credit him $275 for it?
Ya, I mean with just as many killer deals on CL, There are just as many weirdos,crap and low ball offers.

BTW: Love the sig...lol
QUOTE Thanks
in00b

in00b will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" i7

@ bargsbeer

how much are you selling this mbp?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by in00b View Post
@ bargsbeer

how much are you selling this mbp?
Not the place for this kind of question.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
torbjoern

torbjoern will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Air 13" Ultimate (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargsbeer View Post
BTW: Love the sig...lol
Thank you! When people wrote about the bars at the iPhone display going down, some of them even stating that Apple had not tested the devices properly, my thoughts drifted to the pre-launch incident. Hence the phrase of my sig.

Better lose a bar on the iPhone 4 than losing an iPhone 4 in the bar.
QUOTE Thanks
SweetCosmicPope

SweetCosmicPope has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5

lol. Funny.

Now for a nice threadjack!

Speaking of PC people being funny:
I was doing a repair job (have a side business doing PC repair and home network and theater installations), and they had a really nasty root-kit. So I tell them it would really be easier for me to back up their personal files and reinstall windows.

They don't have their windows disk, and as it turns out their windows install is a bootleg. I tell them I can't mess with that install and they'll have to buy a new windows key. Say they can't afford it...I suggest linux as a good alternative, since the computer is mostly used for surfing the web and stuff, anyway.

The guy looks at me, half yelling, with the most serious look on his face: "I don't know how happy I'd be without windows in my life!" lol

BTW, he declined the repair and his computer is now bricked.

"That's Peter Graves scat! I'd know it anywhere!"
QUOTE Thanks
iBeldar

iBeldar will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '08 White MB 2.1ghz - 4GB- 120GB- Superdrive - Snow Leopard

Me and a friend were playing CSS on Steam together while waiting for folks to show up for band practice. I was playing on my MB, he was playing on his giant Asus home theatre system he calls a laptop. There is still a glitch in the mac version, you go to adjust graphics settings, the game starts zooming in on everything and you have to restart the game.

He says "Thats what happens when you own a Mac."

20 minutes later everyone shows up, he goes to close Steam and it crashes and hangs up his OS. Do I need to say how I responded? lol

White Penryn Macbook 08'
2.1GHZ C2D - 4GB RAM - 120GB HD - Combo Drive - Snow Leopard - Windows 7 Professional
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« What Have You Been Browsing Lately? | Connecting to Xbox LIVE »