New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Please help me win

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jbob

Jbob has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 17" Macbook Pro (2009)

Hi everyone,

I've entered this competition and was just hoping you could all vote for me please.

3rd Ward : Jonathan Collingridge

Click the "Rate this artist" link at the top of the page ......... 7 Stars would be nice

Any comments on my images would be appreciated.

Thank you very much

J
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

I really do like the processing you've done with those. What did you use for the B&W conversions ? The tones and contrasting are really fitting, expressing a kind of eerie isolation. And the lighting, although not entirely your own (or did you indeed use any off camera strobes etc ? ) is really perfect. Exposure also seems quite right for the mood. Well done.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
thedharmabum

thedharmabum is on a distinguished road

The work was VERY impressive. Rated you 7 stars!!
QUOTE Thanks
Jbob

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
I really do like the processing you've done with those. What did you use for the B&W conversions ? The tones and contrasting are really fitting, expressing a kind of eerie isolation. And the lighting, although not entirely your own (or did you indeed use any off camera strobes etc ? ) is really perfect. Exposure also seems quite right for the mood. Well done.

Doug
I used my 24mm Tilt Shift lens on the 5DMk2 but in a slightly different way to the norm ... I took a straight on shot, then shifted the lens to the left for another, then rotated the lens 360 taking shots every section. If you've used a TS the you'll know what I mean ... Im just crap at explaining. This gives me 14 wide angle shots that are stitched together with PS CS4. The final image size is 90cm x 60cm / 365mb @300dpi, so theres loads of spec to make it even larger lol

To process after stitching I used Silver Efex Pro for the black & white conversion then in PS CS4 I used the dodge and burn tools just like a traditional darkroom. I started my degree course 2 years ago with no experience of photography. So having old school photographers teaching me to use film (5x4 & 120) has really helped when I started using digital this year.

I also have colour versions -

I wasn't sure which I liked best but the B&W won a big competition so I stick with that for now lol

Thanks for the votes
QUOTE Thanks
Audio.Trench

Audio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really niceAudio.Trench is just really nice
Mac Specs: Custom PC

Stunning pics brah! Definitely voted 7 stars!
QUOTE Thanks
Jbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkArt View Post
Stunning pics brah! Definitely voted 7 stars!
Thank you
QUOTE Thanks
Jbob

I've had an email from 3rd Ward saying that there's just a week left for the online voting.

Thanks to everyone who has voted so far

J
QUOTE Thanks
MACyMouse

MACyMouse has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs

I voted.... VERY nice!!
QUOTE Thanks
alexsd123

alexsd123 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13"

Rated 7 stars.

It looks phenomenal, almost fake looking. Like something Apple would use as one of their wallpapers.
QUOTE Thanks
drupgren9

drupgren9 is on a distinguished road

How do I rate? I just see statement and share this?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How good is this Craigslist ??......... 17Yr old swapped a mobile phone for a Porsche | Fantasy football #1 pick?? »