New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Upset about direction Apple is heading

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

aantoine90

aantoine90 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM

Is anyone kind of upset how the Apple website and the entire fell of the company is all about the iPod and that they seem to care about the iPod more than they do about their computers and other stuff. The iPod is way above the Macintosh on the website. The homepage is also all aobut Podcasting and iTunes. I don't even see why Podcasting is so cool. Oh, well, I guess it just bothers me more than other people.
QUOTE Thanks
Ghostshadow

Ghostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the roughGhostshadow is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook G3 - You'll be missed.

allot of it is because there bringing out the new models and all the updates , they do that when they have new products / updates .

QUOTE Thanks
sarahsboy18

sarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nicesarahsboy18 is just really nice
Mac Specs: Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostshadow
allot of it is because there bringing out the new models and all the updates , they do that when they have new products / updates .
Yep....

If you looked at apple.com any time in the last couple months (before yesterday) you would think all that they sold is Tiger.

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable." -Mitch Hedberg
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

the front page of the website always reflects the newest of the new...for the past few weeks they only had dashboard widgets up there...when they anounced the new ipods and the new iTunes with podcasting that became their brand new website home page for a while...

they are suposed to make some new anouncements on the 7th of july...they will most likely change the website then...

plus from a business point of view, what is their main seller?? imacs, emacs, powerbooks, ibooks or powermacs???

answer? iPods!!! ...ipods are the majority of their sales, so they sure as heck should be advertising them

i can see how you are anoyed that they push the ipods more than their computers but their computers are for a special breed of people and those people who want them are buying them...no additional advertising (esp on website) is necessary

-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
iMe

Yeah....but I do agree that Apple should be focusing on advertising their computers. ESPECIALLY NOW!! Seriously, does Steve expect his company to fly on through all of 2005 without updating its computers? Updating the computers would only help Apple through the transition :dummy: . And if not advertise on the computers/company, they should make some iTunes commercials. BUT NOMORE IPOD commercials!!!! I think everybody in the world knows about the iPod by now!!
With all the commercials that Rhapsody is doing right now, Apple should step in and advertise their iTunes Music Store.
QUOTE Thanks
Ey3 D

I think they should make adds with vibrant colors like iPod ads, but to advertise there computers. I agree that they have too many ads for iPods. They have like 15!
QUOTE Thanks
smeshy123

smeshy123 is on a distinguished road

I see IPod commercials frequently, but I don't remember the last time I saw a computer commercial for Mac, they should have more of them to try and attract a wider client base...

15.4" Macbook Pro 1.83Ghz 2GB RAM 80GB HD Mac OS x 10.4.4
1.8Ghz P4 1024mb RAM 2x80GB, 1x160GB, 1x250GB HD's Windows XP and SuSe Linux 9
IPOD 6gb Lime Green Mini
QUOTE Thanks
iMe

The last one I saw was when some guy turns on his PowerMac G5, and it was so powerful, that he flew backwards throught the walls of his house and ended up hitting a tree with his back.
QUOTE Thanks
JBarbier

JBarbier is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.0 CD/2gb/120gb. iMac G5 1.8/2gb/120gb

I dont think I've ever seen an apple computer commerical... actually I think I have during the super bowl a few years back... during the clamshell/color imac days..
QUOTE Thanks
Santos

Even though they advertise the iPod alot, when you enter an actual Apple store, iPods aren't really the main focus. It's either the iBook, PowerBook, or the iMac. Well atleast over here. I would personally never get an iPod. I really have no use for it. I don't listen to music all that much, and don't really have the time to if I did.

My 2 :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
.Joel

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach_z
i can see how you are anoyed that they push the ipods more than their computers but their computers are for a special breed of people and those people who want them are buying them...no additional advertising (esp on website) is necessary

-chris
So they should just stay with the amount of users they have and have no ambition to attract new users ?

Their website is about marketing their products, at present there isn't much happening around the iMac and Powermac front, so obviously they will push other areas. Such as iPods and the new Mac Mini. But i'm sure come the next update, or the intel macs, then like anything, that is what you will see promoted on their frontpage. Same happened with tiger, same will happen with the rest of their product line for the rest of their existance.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« anyone want a gmail invite? | I'm at MacHouse Amsterdam »