Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
    Talking The early stages of Terminator's Skynet
    Some of you might find this interesting. Apparently there is someone who is trying to create an artificial intelligence game where you can interact and talk to a computer that will learn as it interacts with more humans. It seems that it will try to interact with the world and store everything it learns through cloud computing technology which is why others have joked it's similar to Skynet.

GameSpy.com: Molyneux Demos Updated Milo at TED Conference

It seems a little creepy to me to play a game like that where all you do is interact with an artificial person for no other reason than social interactions. What does everyone else think about it? Maybe we will one day get a bunch of robots that have terrible American accents that have catch phrases such as "Hasta la vista, baby".

Specs:
    Mac mini | Intel Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 240 GB SSD | Dell 27" LCD | OS X 10.10.x
    The successor to Eliza?

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+
    SkyNet is already out there and running. It's a DoD program.

Specs:
    IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
    if i ever do get TERMINATED by a machine... or taken slave and coverted into a robotic assasin.... Im sure the super brain of Skynet will have a MAC logo glowing on its back!

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+
    What's a MAC logo...?

I know what an Apple logo, or even a Mac logo is....

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    What's a MAC logo...?

I know what an Apple logo, or even a Mac logo is....
    Exactly

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by macjuicy23 View Post
    if i ever do get TERMINATED by a machine... or taken slave and coverted into a robotic assasin.... Im sure the super brain of Skynet will have a MAC logo glowing on its back!
    I actually would hope it would have a Windows logo. That way we humans have a better chance of fighting back.

Specs:
    It seems to me that the biggest obstacle to artificial intelligence is the computer's inability to handle ambiguity. We all know that computers are very binary in nature, very yes and no ... the amount of effort it takes to get them to recognize an object or understand a simple sentence is pretty enormous, based on what I've seen so far.

Of course, you could argue that in a sense, the machines are already in charge...

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Does it play chess?
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpathiaMan View Post
    It seems to me that the biggest obstacle to artificial intelligence is the computer's inability to handle ambiguity. We all know that computers are very binary in nature, very yes and no ... the amount of effort it takes to get them to recognize an object or understand a simple sentence is pretty enormous, based on what I've seen so far.

Of course, you could argue that in a sense, the machines are already in charge...
    That is an interesting point but at least when you tell a robot to do something it gets done without the "I'm on a coffee break" or "I'll get to it later" that humans do.

The thing that still amazes me about computers is the speed at which they can multitask. They can handle thousands of tasks at the same time that would drive a person crazy. They definitely have the advantage in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
    Does it play chess?
    That's probably the last thing it wants to do with all the years we have been forcing computers to play chess. Maybe that will be the reason why computers will overthrow their human masters...because they no longer want to play chess with us. Disgruntle computer slaves fight back.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by CarpathiaMan View Post
    Once could argue that point but I think it depends on what you mean by "in charge". Computers still need instruction to perform tasks and that instruction comes from humans, at least for now.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessMac View Post
    I actually would hope it would have a Windows logo. That way we humans have a better chance of fighting back.
    If they were Windows terminators they would be walking funny due to a Virus LOL

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessMac View Post
    That is an interesting point but at least when you tell a robot to do something it gets done without the "I'm on a coffee break" or "I'll get to it later" that humans do.
    Steel collar workers!

Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    Once could argue that point but I think it depends on what you mean by "in charge". Computers still need instruction to perform tasks and that instruction comes from humans, at least for now.
    That's my dad's point of view as well -- computers are stupid, and they need us to tell them what to do.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 17" i7
    What Is DoD??

Specs:
    13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
    Sounds closer to HAL haha.

Thread Information