New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Share your Mac experience

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

Just an hour ago, I was talking to my girlfriend, who also has Mac, a 13 MBP. She LOVES it! She mentioned how it's been running perfect/very consistent since the first day, and it got me thinking about my MBP. It's now more than 15 months old, and has been EXTREMELY/UNBELIEVABLY reliable. It has always been very constant. Even the battery has been SUPERB with it still holding a 95% charge after 567 cycles. The only problems(not really "problems"), were caused by something stupid that I thought I knew how to do...and failed, but the guys here(CAW107 and others) are always helpful. Now, I got my hands on an 11 year old PowerMac G4. I was expecting it to, I'll be honest, a slow turd, but it really shocked me! So much that I bought a matching 17" Apple studio display, and have ordered some upgrades for it, because I like it so much. I can't believe it's running so good for an 11 year old computer I hope I get to use my mbp for a real long time I wont even start with all the other apple stuff...

So, how has your experience been with Macs?
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

Logic Pro (before stufio was released) would constantly crash, Adobe CS4 would be very prone to crashing when editing large files, I had to reinstall the OS once because when I turned it on, a big "do not enter" icon filled the screen, my first MBP had crooked keys that they never did fix, my second had a period where it would boot but the screen wouldn't turn on until I finally figured out that the PRAM needed to be reset, and I've had other issues as well.

All in all, it's been like any other computer I've owned.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

I have always pretty good experiences with Macs, first one was a Macintosh Plus way back in the day, I'm constantly buying & selling them If I had the money I would own every Mac ever made, Build my own personal Mac museum. That being said my Dad still uses his eMac G4 700Mhz everyday and loves it.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Yeah...Mac's...who would want to own a Mac!

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargsbeer View Post
I have always pretty good experiences with Macs, first one was a Macintosh Plus way back in the day, I'm constantly buying & selling them If I had the money I would own every Mac ever made, Build my own personal Mac museum. That being said my Dad still uses his eMac G4 700Mhz everyday and loves it.
Have you ever visited the Apple Museum? Brings back memories....

Good for your Dad! Same reason I'm driving around in a 12 year old auto.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Have you ever visited the Apple Museum? Brings back memories....

Good for your Dad! Same reason I'm driving around in a 12 year old auto.

Regards.
Thanks, ill check it out, Me too I'm still driving my 98 Honda, runs like a champ.

Was just reading up on the history of Apple, I was just thinking how things could have turned out if Jobs never brought on John Sculley?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Was just reading up on the history of Apple, I was just thinking how things could have turned out if Jobs never brought on John Sculley?
Yes...those were some pretty scary & boring years to be an Apple/Macintosh user!

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Yes...those were some pretty scary & boring years to be an Apple/Macintosh user!

- Nick
The company was considered dead at that time, I think I remember reading that Michael Dell was quoted as saying "Apple should buy back all the stock and close there doors"

Who's laughing now?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
That's a good one. How in the world did anyone think that a Pepsi Cola guy could run Apple? Those were some bad years after Steve left. Sculley wound up being a big supporter and contributor to the campaign of President Clinton which brought him some notoriety back in 1992. Don't know what happened to him after that though. Anyway, I think we're all glad that Steve came back.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Jerichoa

Jerichoa will become famous soon enough

The only problem I've ever had with a Mac is not knowing how to use some of the programs the first time I needed to. I've been using Macs since the Macintosh Classic, and I'm a believer. They're so sleek, simple, beautiful, and FAST.
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
That's a good one. How in the world did anyone think that a Pepsi Cola guy could run Apple? Those were some bad years after Steve left. Sculley wound up being a big supporter and contributor to the campaign of President Clinton which brought him some notoriety back in 1992. Don't know what happened to him after that though. Anyway, I think we're all glad that Steve came back.

Regards.
I watched a video on Youtube with Steve Jobs he said point blank, That he hired the wrong guy (Sculley) Let's not forget Gil Amelia what ever happened to him?

In the end Jobs won, And is one of the most powerful and influential figures in Technology today.
QUOTE Thanks
MacShane

MacShane has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Gen1 15"MBP-R 2.3GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.9.2

A little over 2 months - so far, so good...
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
...Let's not forget Gil Amelia what ever happened to him?
Yeah..."Gil" was a real "winner" as well.

Another member of the "whack-pack" (John, Michael, and Gil)...or were their names Moe, Larry, and Curly!!!

QUOTE Thanks
MichaelBamford

MichaelBamford is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13'', 320GB, 2.26GHZ, 2GB

I love Macs, since i got my first Mac which was a White Macbook 2GHZ, 1GB, 80GB HDD, i was amazed. I purchased the new 13inch Macbook Pro when they were first released and still, amazed.

BUT!

I feel that Macs are amazing for the getting jobs done e.g. quickly checking email, browsing the internet, itunes, creating stuff etc...

But i feel that you are open to alot more with Windows. I have 120GB's partitioned off my 320GB internal HDD and i find that i use that (Windows 7) more then OS X, simply because i can play games aswell as doing the things i can with my Mac.

Maybe hard for you to understand but thats my take on things.
QUOTE Thanks
TF626

TF626 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic

I am a very new Mac user, in fact I bought my MacBook Pro in January 2010. So far I am pretty happy with it, it's been extremely reliable for me, easy to work with, and worked right out of the box just as Apple said it would. It runs great too, and the features of it like it's multi-touch trackpad was an awesome invention, it's real weird to use a regular trackpad! I also was blown away by the quality of the screen. I just enjoy the set-up. I was always a Windows user from 1998 to 2010, and when I first got my MacBook Pro I was a bit worried since it was set-up differently.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase. I plan on sticking with Apple. It's really a great machine.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Remember that movie where they go to the abandoned concession stand? | When the Cats away Dogs will play! »