New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Schweb's Lounge Forum for general conversation, chit chat, or most topics that don't fit in another forum.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
macjuicy23

 
macjuicy23's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 31, 2007
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 987
macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

macjuicy23 is offline
I think it was genius to make the final movie into two parts... the new trailer looks awesome, Im such a Harry potter fan.. I recently went to Universal orlando and experienced the new Harry Potter Attractions, it was incredible, from the shops on the street to Hogwarts and the ride OMG... i went into Olivanders wand shop, when you hold a wand a large light opens overhead with magical sound like if the wand is picking you lol... around the park there are wanted posters of Sirius Black just like the movie with his crazy image live in the pic box... while in Hogwarts waiting for the ride the paintings all talk to you, in one part a hologram image of Dumbledorf comes out welcoming you to Hogwarts, you also walk under the sorting hat lol... it was really done well applause to Universal for doing a GREAT JOB!!! this is the first time I felt i was part of a world of a movie and books I love so much...

Check out the Trailer:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Movie Trailers - iTunes
QUOTE Thanks
stingray

 
stingray's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 28, 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 151
stingray is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.4 GHz, 4gb | 16gb white iPhone 3Gs | MacBook 2.1GHz, 1gb | 40gb AppleTV |

stingray is offline
I can't wait for it either. It is nice that it's in 2 parts, but going to suck to wait a year to see each of them.

I've been a closet fan for a long time, read all the books and seen the movies.
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

 
macjuicy23's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 31, 2007
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 987
macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

macjuicy23 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I can't wait for it either. It is nice that it's in 2 parts, but going to suck to wait a year to see each of them.

I've been a closet fan for a long time, read all the books and seen the movies.
Same thing happend with Lord of the Rings I left the theater always wanting more lol! This will probably be the best of all the movies..... nice battles in this one
QUOTE Thanks
ioekedkd465

 
Member Since: Jun 29, 2010
Posts: 3
ioekedkd465 is on a distinguished road

ioekedkd465 is offline
I think I share the same passion for Harry Potter I'm definetely looking forward to the last two movies. I don't really bother waiting when you know a new movie is coming, but I wonder how I feel when I leave the theater after having seen the final one...
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

 
CrimsonRequiem's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 24, 2008
Posts: 6,006
CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

CrimsonRequiem is offline
Just out of curiosity do you guys like the book better or the movie? I kind of like both and I was kind of surprised that the Deathly Hallows was split into two as well. Of course that left me leaving the theater very unsatisfied. T_T"

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

 
macjuicy23's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 31, 2007
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 987
macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

macjuicy23 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
Just out of curiosity do you guys like the book better or the movie? I kind of like both and I was kind of surprised that the Deathly Hallows was split into two as well. Of course that left me leaving the theater very unsatisfied. T_T"
BOOKS all the way! The movies are fun because they bring the story to life which is always great, but what makes the books great is the detail, but isint that the case in almost every book? I remember reading jurassic park one i couldent put it down.... then the movie was released and i wasent that impressed.... it was great to people who didnt read the book
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

 
CrimsonRequiem's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 24, 2008
Posts: 6,006
CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

CrimsonRequiem is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjuicy23 View Post
BOOKS all the way! The movies are fun because they bring the story to life which is always great, but what makes the books great is the detail, but isint that the case in almost every book? I remember reading jurassic park one i couldent put it down.... then the movie was released and i wasent that impressed.... it was great to people who didnt read the book
I actually enjoyed the illustrations of the book covers. I liked the movie because it's just cool to see something visually instead of imagining everything like when you are reading. Less work. ^-^" Sometimes you just want to shut your mind off and enjoy stuff.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
stingray

 
stingray's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 28, 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 151
stingray is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.4 GHz, 4gb | 16gb white iPhone 3Gs | MacBook 2.1GHz, 1gb | 40gb AppleTV |

stingray is offline
I would agree, books were better. But movies were just as good, kinda like watching it in fast forward. But, it sucks seeing it knowing you are missing out in so many little side stories. Oh well all books are that way...

I'm rereading the Hobbit right now. I've been hearing rumors that they are finally starting to work on the movie.
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

 
macjuicy23's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 31, 2007
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 987
macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

macjuicy23 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
I would agree, books were better. But movies were just as good, kinda like watching it in fast forward. But, it sucks seeing it knowing you are missing out in so many little side stories. Oh well all books are that way...

I'm rereading the Hobbit right now. I've been hearing rumors that they are finally starting to work on the movie.
Yes Im hoping that Peter Jackson Takes over Project
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

 
Doug b's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 22, 2008
Location: Forest Hills, NYC
Posts: 3,344
Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

Doug b is offline
I wonder if the 3D aspect of it is for the gimmick or if they're actually incorporating a real use for it. I hate to see a decent movie be put on the 3D rack when it has no real business there in the first place. I haven't read the HP books yet, but suppose that I should. I sure hope that in the novels, HP isn't a virgin at this point. All that magic and no nookie ? Color me mad, but that Hogwart's sounds like a drag !

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
macjuicy23

 
macjuicy23's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 31, 2007
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 987
macjuicy23 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3

macjuicy23 is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug b View Post
I wonder if the 3D aspect of it is for the gimmick or if they're actually incorporating a real use for it. I hate to see a decent movie be put on the 3D rack when it has no real business there in the first place. I haven't read the HP books yet, but suppose that I should. I sure hope that in the novels, HP isn't a virgin at this point. All that magic and no nookie ? Color me mad, but that Hogwart's sounds like a drag !

Doug
Read the last two books HP becomes a pimp
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« First time ever at an Apple store | Disguise your iPhone 3g/3gs to look like an iPhone 4 »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?